Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Bomberman 5 Gold Cartridge / Bomberman Story DS Thread
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Story did provide a measure of background for Max, but besides that it wasn't exactly awe inspiring in terms of story. Like why did the Bad Bombers return to Phantarion only now? Do they still work for Bagular? Or are they on their own now? (I won't even touch the Pretty Bomber allegiance issue)

And like you said, the gameplay is anything but memorable. It felt more like a chore I had to get through before continuing to read the story to me.
That's probably due to three things mainly: blocks only yielding power ups for charaboms, the difficulty setting being too easy, and the overworld being not arranged into a grid (making enemies annoying since they could all too easily escape flames).
Fortunately the new game will at least have round radius bombs, so that will help at least a bit.

Of course you have a point about all those other BMan games also being disappointing, but even with their problems (losing power ups for the first, being too easy for the latter... and crappy/missing stories) I still like BMan Max and BMan DS over Story.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1672s
Index - Back to Top