BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Won't these all be obsolete in a few months?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:41 am  Reply with quote + 
The killer feature for me would be optimized online support. Seriously to all the companies whos trying to profiteer off of the emulation scene... If you do not have better features then your competition, your competition will win, especially if your competition gives away their product for free.

Lets see where current pc emulators beat the virtual console (i've not actually played vc mind you, so i may eat my foot about some of these)

1. Good save state support
2. Good cheat support
3. Better compatibility (with wii i can only count games they're actually selling as compatible)
4. Obscure titles (if no one knows who owns the rom, it wont be on the vc)
5. Fast forward/rewind, its almost required for me anymore on alot of games.
6. Real life controller conversions is a possibility, like hell if i'm trying to figure out how to mod a nes controller to the gamecube controller port.
7. Open source, lets be honest, supporting open source makes me happier then fighting against it viciously
8. portability, i can take a disk with emulated games to a friends house, i can take a memory card with no working emulation to a friends house, it would be nice to be able to take the games with me short of actually taking the console. Lets be honest, i don't want to take a wii to my friends house when my friend OWNS A WII
9.zsnes sounds cooler then wii
10. online support (though not optimized, atleast not per game), lets be honest, playing mario kart against my brother over the web is fun, even if lag can be an issue.

And yes, i went to 10 just cause 10 is a nice fun number for lists. But lets be honest, i'm not piping money to Nintendo like this tell they fix some of these issues, lets be honest, I kindof think the virtual console might be nintendos way of fighting "those evil rom dealers"... if nintendo gains rights to a rom from somewhere that wasn't worried about anti rom piracy and the dcma i'm willing to bet that they'll try to use these as just a few more titles to tilt the board with.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1929s
Index - Back to Top