Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: A Legitimate Question
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:55 pm  Reply with quote + 

Joke is as joke does: an old friend of mine used the same joke for a different purpose in a fic of his I MSTed, and it's stuck with me over the years, and I figured, well, why the hell not? You really do have to wonder where all those bombs come from. Bomberman answered the question in Nintendo Power by saying he had really deep pockets, but really, I think this makes much more sense. (Clearly "sense" does not mean what I think it means.)

Anyway, in contrast to my comic with Lilithaele and Orly!Pommy, where I wussed out and did practically everything on the computer, I went with the old-school method of a nib pen and actual tones for this one. But this comic was so simple in terms of both inking and toning that there really wasn't much to be gained by doing this by hand except the simple satisfaction of delicately cutting screentones with an X-Acto knife (which was loads better than doing it with my usual box cutter), so maybe I'm still a wussy when it comes to this sort of thing. I also found out that apparently ink can go bad - I opened up my container of Deleter #4 ink, dipped the nib in, pressed nib to paper, and nearly panicked when I realized the stuff was spreading faster than an STD on the paper. It was much less opaque and much more watery than it was when I last used the stuff, and my outlines came out way thicker than expected as a result. Looks like I'll have to hit up animegamers.com for some more supplies.

...should I just collect all the art I've posted on this forum into one topic? :hilarious: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1238s
Index - Back to Top