BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I don't understand Christianity.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Jesus mentioned that "only" a man and woman get married? Do you mind citing your passage for this? The last I checked, Jesus couldn't give a flying pig's foot about sexuality - he was more concerned with helping the poor and not being a hypocrite.

I still stand by my assertion that people in those times would not have been able to fathom a relationship that was completely normal except for the fact that it happened to have been between two people of the same gender. If they knew of any homosexual relations, it would have most likely been in the context of pagan worship, as in the case of Paul. So of course they would automatically think it was wrong, because "LOOKIT THOSE EBBIL PAGANS DOING IT. THE PAGANS ARE DOING IT, THEREFORE IT'S NOT NORMAL." And, if it were a significant problem that would have concerned the people at that time, it would have been specifically, very explicitly mentioned.

Also...

Quote:
It is also stated in the bible that sex before marriage is wrong, and lust is also wrong. Therefore, wouldn't that raise a question to how homosexuality could actually be practiced at all abiding with these statements.

Sex before marriage is its own category apart from homosexuality. The two aren't inherently related, though since people are raising a brouhahaha over whether homosexual people should allowed to get married at all, apparently now it is (except it's still not). But two people can be in a homosexual relationship and still be celibate.

As for the lust thing, I tend to think of that as a case of "Nothing in excess" or "All things in moderation" (thank you, oracle at Delphi). But, yanno, make your own call. I've got no right to tell other people how to live their lives.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2011s
Index - Back to Top