BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I don't understand Christianity.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:38 am  Reply with quote + 
I've been putting this off for a long time, and I hope nobody takes this as being personally offensive, but I can't stand it any more. For so long now I've tolerated the whole "homosexuality is wrong" on religous grounds thing, thinking that I should just respect the beliefs of others and stuff. But no more. Why the hell should I have any respect whatsoever to a religon that hates me and others like me? Yes I'm gay, and I'm trying to make a point here.

Oh, and try not to lock this dear Mr / Mrs Moderator, because hopefully this will spark some very in depth discussion without any flaming. Not all Christians are bad, I know that. Because something like that doesn't make the person. It's the person themselves that matter, and as long as they are good and loving then it's not a probelm...Something certain people in society don't realise and that's what I'm going to talk about.

Do you know what it's like growing up knowing that there will always be people that hate you for who you are? Well try having an entire religeon, in this case Christianity, working against you to make sure you can never live a decent life. I'm just 16, but I already know what the rest of my life will basically be like, because I've seen it. Sure social attitudes have relaxed a bit, but that's all.

It's some kind of stupid trap. You can lie about yourself and who you are and live the rest of your life very very unhappy, or be true to yourself and be unhappy anyway because a lot of people hate you. But not always, because you can fight it. And that's what I'll do. I'm going to keep fighting for my rights and the rights of others until this world, or at least my world will be a better place to be.

But seriously. I was brought up Catholic and learned that God was loving and good and stuff, back when I was too young to know any better, but now all I've learnt is that God is an evil, merciless bloodthirsty tyrant who hates anyone who doesn't comply to those rules that I will never understand. Is this true? Because that's all I see. People can't change that easily, and in this case of homosexuality, they can't. I've tried and it doesn't get you anywhere. So why the hatred? I will never know.

So I'm going to prove to everybody that I can live a good, happy life without God, because I hate him with all my heart.

Discuss. Or lock if you must. I think I've made my point.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1234s
Index - Back to Top