Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Neon Genesis Evangelion.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:30 am  Reply with quote + 
:veryhappy:  I think it's my faveroute anime. I'm sure a large amount of people here have heard of it, right? Or watched it.

Well anyway in case you don't know, it's set in 2015, Tokyo3 in Japan, after a meteor smashed into the Earth, causing half the planets' population to die out, this event was known as "Second Impact". From the desamation caused by Second Impact, the remaining populace of Earth come under threat from monstrous beings called "Angels", and the first episode is about the main character, a 14 year old boy, Shinji Ikari, who has been summoned to Nerv headquarters in Tokyo3 by his father who recently abandoned him many years ago. At that moment, Tokyo3 is attacked by the angel Sachiel, and...

Well from there, Shinji Ikari is basically "adopted" by the Nerv commander Misato Katsuragi, while he has his new job (I wouldn't really call it a job, but whatever) fighting against the angels in a giant robot, called the Evangelion. So I guess you could call it another giant robot anime, but there's allot more to it than that. It cycles around the sanity of the characyters, so basically everyone is multi-dimensional and has their own story. At times the anime can be very disturbing, violent, yadda yadda yadda. There's allot to do with christianity in it as well.

Well I've watched the whole thing. There's 26 episodes and 2 movies. The 2 movies are "Involved" in the ending presented in the last episodes. I wouldn't say the replace, retell or do anything to the last episodes, because I've read up on it and it's all very confusing. Not to mention the entire series is confusing too. I still haven't figured it out yet.

But anyway, if you're a patient person, and stuff like that, then give it a try. It's a very powerful anime that really makes you think. Well for me it destroyed any sort of faith I had left in christianity, for some reason. Yah. It just had a very large impact on me. Oh, and a note of advice : don't bother hoping to get any sort of entertainment from the last two episodes of the series. They're just too weird.

So discuss!
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0893s
Index - Back to Top