Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anyone ever played...
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
I know it's popular lately to hate on FF7, but I was hating it before it was in. This game sucks, and if you think it has a good plot you are mistaken. They just throw around plot twists at you and once you hear one thing 5 minutes later the game tells you something different. I stopped caring after the 1,000,000th flashback. The major plot twist you mentioned is nothing more than a Luke, I am Your Father decades after it would have been suprising. Unless you're talking about THAT plot twist which I didn't give a damn about because she's just a generic RPG love interest.

The characters suck too, I think it's a bad thing that Red XII and Barrett have the most personality out of the entire cast (although not much still). All of the characters are common stereotypes that can be summed up in a few words:

Cloud - whiny psychotic pretty boy
Tifa - dumb chick with big boobs
Barrett - Samuel Jackson
Aeris - Rinoa, Yuna, Garnet
Red - wise, all-knowing pokemon reject
Cid - Pirate (note: Cid is not a real pirate)
Yuffie - stupid hyperactive girl
Hojo - dr. Frankenstein
the entire company of shinra - evil, money stealing corrupt enron republicans

And Sephiroth, the worst of all, has absolutely no personality. He's just an angsty Kefka, but not as likeable due to his total lack of character development. He just goes around killing people for no reason (other than he wants his mommy). What pisses me off the most about the game is that it was so revolutionary that all future RPGs had whiny angsty pretty boy protangonists and villians, melodramatic storylines and depressing soundtracks.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1111s
Index - Back to Top