BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Wtf a another bomberman thats not bomberman...
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Now the characters on the most recent games like the gamecube ones are just starting to look goofy and the dialogue they have is goofier. I'm not as familer as I should be to stand my ground on this with these games but they seem more light-hearted and cartoonish. I suppose thats okay for a younger target audiance. However, it's not really as interesting for those of us that played the N64 games.

I had a definite "old-school" vibe while playing the GC games because of all the different "[insert modifying word of choice here] Bombers" as the demi-bosses in the levels. It was like Hudson or whoever was trying to return Bomberman to something familiar while still introducing something new - which I think had mixed levels of success. I was very disappointed in Generation. I liked Jetters to a certain extent (nomg Birdy why is your English voice so ugleh when your Japanese voice is cooooooool), but the ending battles and the ending overall was just...blah.

If Bomberman games are going to exponentially fall in that direction, I say I'm up for Halo!Bomberman.

By the way, I find it funny that I rarely see people on here mention Bomberman Tournament. I thought that was a really well-done game, with a good story, familiar characters, and nice gameplay.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0729s
Index - Back to Top