BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Karabons, and how to implement them better.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
:down:  Karabons, as it seems to me are, or at least were nothing more than Pocket Monsters cash ins, with a very badly done system on how they operate. Fortunateley, I think Karabons could in fact be the very thing to get the Bomberman series back on track :normal: 

Okay, so if the arcade style Bomberman is to repetitive to be used often now days, but Rpg'ing (ala Bomberman Story) isn't designed well enough for Bomberman, then why not have both? Because it seems to me that the whole horizontal / vertical bomb thing doesn't work effectiveley on an open area unless you have constant grids around the place, which is why radius bombing is the way to go! But wait, I'm not finished yet.

So we have radius bombing, that way you can actually defeat enemies easily, so they don't end up standing right next to the bomb diagonally and don't get hurt, which is pretty annoying. So then I think it'd be better off if the games toned down on the obstacles, because in an rpg it's bad gameplay if it goes "Bomb...1...2...3...4..." EXPLODE because you're constantly waiting for that explosion, all the time, but we can't have Bomberman without bombs, so just tone down obstacles...

And as for Karabons? :happy:  Welll then, as we all know Karabons are raised by Bomberman collection the appropriate items, stat panels and such, which are given to the Karabon currently being used, and Karabons can go into what's quoted as "Rock Paper Scissors, with stats" which is a bad thing :x. This is where the focus point of my idea comes in!

Karabon Access points - Found in the overworld (The part where you play as Bomberman) that a Karabon can travel into, think RockmanEXE except without the internet and Rockman and not. (Also I think it would look cool if your selected Karabon would follow you around? ala Pocket Monsters Yellow)

Inside these access points what have you got? Classic Bomberman!!! :veryhappy:  See? Already you've got the old and something completeley new and different, all in one! Anyway, in this "Karabon world" as i'd call it, it'd very simply put, be old Bomberman gameplay. Rooms and rooms organised in destructable grids. Let's say you were playing as Pommy as shown, you would blow things up (Yes, with bombs) and gain experience (Stat panels, as shown) from things you blew up - And this would be how level raising is done!

Of course, you could still raise your Karabon the usual way on the overworld also. Not to mention Karabon battles would take place in the "Karabon world" like a boss fight from the days of Super Bomberman. The Karabon world would be rather large too, and you've have to get to a certain point in the Karabon world to unlock something in the overworld and vice versa, and through this whole article you can see that Karabons can become more than just Pocket Monsters all over again :wink: .

Karabons have overworld abiilities too, such as Pommy being able to teleport. These would still remain, not to mention that Karabons would gain stat boosts if used with a certain character, or in a certain situation. For example, Magnet and PlasmaFangs would be a good combo because the Karabon gets a stat boost. Stat reductions could also be a possibility.

Now...Fusion! I'm not sure about Fusions and hybrid Karabons, seeming as it's just too easy in my opinion. if PlasmaFangs is a combo between Pommy and Erefan, then I think if you were ever going to fuse Karabons you'd have to be willing to make sacrifices. Not only would the two Karabons in question have to sacrifice some stats for the new hybrid, but all Karabons involved would go into a state of *Raine Sage from Tales of Symphonia voice* Post Fusion Toxicocis, some more than others. This would mean the Karabons would be unuseable for a certain amount of time, but perhaps this could be avoided by raising another stat?

So there you have it. In the overworld, you'd play as (a) Bomberman, with radius bombing to achieve faster free'er gameplay, then have Karabons for classic Bomberman style gameplay, with a new leveling up, battle and training system :veryhappy: 

Questions? Comments? ...Bad ones? :hilarious: 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1668s
Index - Back to Top