BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Ranting... Yaoi/Yuri/Shouen Ai fanfic/Fanart SUCK!
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here's my beef on the whole pairing issue.

I don't care what the heck you do.

I don't care what your fetish is.

Just, for the love of the Gods, do these three things.

1. KEEP IT IN-CHARACTER.

2. USE CORRECT GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION.

3. WRITE IT WELL.

Do all this, and even if you're doing a non-canon pairing (and the whole hissy fit about canon-ness in fanfiction is a whole nother rant for me), it will have the appearance of canon. And it will be a nice read. Siriusly. *shot*

I will agree, however, that there are many people who give oddities like me (I happen to like slash/yuri, though I'd hardly call myself a fangirl of the genre) a really, really bad name. And I will also agree that there is a lot (understatement of the year) of horrible, atrocious lemon fanfiction.

Luckily for us, Bomberman's hardly a fandom to be plagued with either stupid slash or bad lemon fics. Let us celebrate!

Oh, by the way, a response to this:

Quote:
Everyone knows only retarted people do stuff like that... smart people tend to find easier and better ways to eather "quench their lust" or learn decent self mind control.

I would think that writing about graphic sex scenes to "quench your lust" would societally be better than actually going out and doing them in real life. And I'm under the impression that denial of sexual urges/sexual feelings leads to a pretty unhealthy mindset. That is, however, merely my opinion. YMMV.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1324s
Index - Back to Top