BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
For you Bomberman Players, A battle home!
[Replies: 16]  [Views: 9412]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Fansites

serpx
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:49 am  Reply with quote + 
I noticed there really isn't a "place" for Bomberman players. Fans, there might be a dedicated site somewhere, and this forum itself seems good, but for you guys who really like these games, and want to get into a more competitive environment, I just set up a website at www.bomberman-network.serpx.com

Join the forum. The forum is the central base to the community. And as it gets bigger, so will the amount of tournaments, events, projects, and other great things!

I am really happy to start this, and I know it'll make you bomberman players happy too. :)
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:47 am  Reply with quote + 
Considering most of the userbase of this site really do play Bomberman games, there's is really no point of getting them to join another Bomberman forum...

If they really wanted to have a tournament and such, they are free to post it here. But due to time issues and other outside factors, it's relatively hard to pull something like this off. So we don't have them.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:56 am  Reply with quote + 
You must understand that the people that enjoy bomberman and go to forums are low enough as it is, not to mention that this board has been around for a very long time.

Last edited by Razon on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:57 am
serpx
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, well, the site I am trying to get out here is much more competition-oriental. I understand your board, I have looked around it. I am not trying to steal members or anything, that is not my goal, nor how I overall am. Hell, I rather become friends with you and grow together. There really can't be much fighting with a game that lacks community bases.

To me, this game is really an outstanding competitive multiplayer game, and it lacks the type of base that it needs to become anymore popular. I am designing the website to be quite spiritual, where people will play for the mere gold (hall of fame, spitting in people's faces, whatever the gold is to them), rather than just because it has you think, and just because it's fun.

Tag-team tournaments, FFA tournaments, a "Olympic" sorta ordeal that'll have competitors go through all sorts of Bomberman games to try to become top in, etc. I am trying to push the competitive nature.

I know things can be much more than they already are. I experienced the potiental through Bomberman Online -- those who haven't played a Bomberman game online are REALLY missing out. :P

And any place can be alive for years, but not have grown that much. Do you guys advertise a lot? It took me about a week to find a decent place with Bomberman players. I was surprised and glad to finally run into one. But, ONE. Are there any more? I don't understand why there aren't so many, this is a great game series.

Nice Bomberman emoticons BTW.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
most other boards don't allow advertizing to other boards.
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#6  Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
there is really no point in haveing more than one bomberman forum, its been tried in the past many times and they always seem to fail, hell i've even tried host another forum which never worked out.
so hey if you want to set up tournaments or what ever feel free to do it here if there are a lot of people interested in it than we well consider making another sub-forum just for that.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:44 am  Reply with quote + 
I did take a look around your website and I must say it is really well designed.

I personally don't play bomberman as much as I used to and when I did it was mainly for its 1-player story aspect. That probably sounds weird huh? A bomberman fan for the 1-player story mode? Yeah, heh, however once in awhile I do play some multiplayer.

I beleive I will join your forum and keep occasionaly tabs on it. I probly won't be too active though. I wish you the best with your network. It would be a real pity for all your hard work to be wasted. Maybe you'll see me around there. I'll join as Regulus.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus, If you're going to put faith in him then maybe I can be of some support too. I really don't see any negatives other than the difficulty getting more members.

And should this somehow fail there's always this place to fall back on.
serpx
Bomberbie

Post#9  Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:13 am  Reply with quote + 
I feel like I'm causing a tiny bit of tension somewhere.

I apologize for advertising another board of a sort here, but again, I am just doing this for the sakes of you players -- not for any stupid reason of killing your own board.

Yes, I did put a lot of time into it, and everything is planned out. I am not a disorganized designer. I am about to become an entrepreneur -- I can't allow anything to be sloppy or unstable, for the sakes of habit.

I will be honest and agree -- this may not work due to the sheer amount of players. But, I have belief that if we put in some effort, it can be done successfully. As I say on the website, I cannot do this alone.

I realized most of you have been here for a good deal, and I think you could be great leaders for this project. For the sake of friendship, I am considering dropping some of the "common" areas (General Bomberman talk, etc.), and even advertising your board because it already has a great community and I really do not wish to steal anything from you.

The goal here is to grow. I am going from gut feeling that this community can be something more. I learned to always try to do more -- push yourself to the limit, then slowly raise the bar.

Gaming life wouldn't be so great if innovative individuals didn't try to push things higher.

I usually have some free time at the very end of the night, and I like to use the rest of the evening on games. This game would really make my days brighter if I could just play it more, with an actual community. Get good, test myself in competition. I'm just doing this for fun, and that's what it's all about in the end.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#10  Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:30 am  Reply with quote + 
I have to apologize, I think many of us were a bit bugged over the fact that you came up out of nowwhere along with this project of yours, and yet you never really properly introduced yourself first. I think because of that we felt that you were trying to "steal thunder" away from the board. I'm willing to bet that if we'd had known you for some time that we might not have... shunned you. :sad: 

We're not mean, please do not be offended.
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#11  Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
whats with the title of the thread "For you Bomberman Players! A real home!" :surprise: 

but hey have fun with your board, my old board lasted about 4 months before it completly dead, i belive i had maybe 10 members, stay alive for more than 4 months with ACTIVE members. you will gain lots of respect from me and thats hard to get around here :hilarious: 
Just keep the bomberman community alive dont rip us apart :wink: 
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Anything Bomberman related is worth checkin out. It sounds like this will succeed if we get our hands dirty.
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus, I seem to play Bomberman games for the single player aspect, too. o_O

Except for Bomberman DS.

Anyhow, I don't mind the creation of more bomberman boards, I mean, I'm sure those who think it's stealing members can visit both boards at once.

Though, it'd be pointless if both boards had the same regulars and common people posting. THAT would only need one forum.
neoxpiko
Bomberbie

Post#14  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
The design of u're website is ugly ... It's very common.
... I dont want a second forum. But i want a good website with all the info from te games and anime. And a good faq how to login and make an acount for the Japanese and Korean Bomberman for PC.
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
neoxpiko wrote:
The design of u're website is ugly ... It's very common.
... I dont want a second forum. But i want a good website with all the info from te games and anime. And a good faq how to login and make an acount for the Japanese and Korean Bomberman for PC.

go for it, i bet yours would be uglier if you made one. ;). lolz jk. but did you have to be mean?
neoxpiko
Bomberbie

Post#16  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:50 am  Reply with quote + 
I am not mean, i just tell what i want to say. But i can not tell it on the right manner. I can not speak very well english. But i meant it well. Sorry.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
The site isn't anything like this board. It's all about the actual playing. Its mostly just used for tournaments.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Fansites All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1972s
Index - Back to Top