Thanks for the link, but I cannot find what I am looking for there, so if anyone knows where I can find what I am looking post it here.
I found it. It was this site: http://wso.williams.edu/~aeatonsa/bomb/
, which is linked to by bomberman.info as I remembered.
The site is no longer up, but I found it with an archive site: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
I will post them (3 explanations) here for reference.
The stage differences are listed in this order: Normal, Night,
Sunrise, Cloudy (Or: Blue, Starry, Peach/Orange, Gray)
Stage 1 "Path to Glory"
2) Speed Zone: stage contains the undocumented ULTIMATE bomb icon
3) Normal seeming without the stupid "battle" background
4) Power Level: No soft blocks and everyone is maxed out
Stage 2 "Soccer Stadium"
2) Conveyor belt in Center
4) Arrows on the ground with some pointing into the Goal.
Stage 3 "Jungle Trap"
2) Warp passages on Top and Bottom, No soft blocks, heavy cover in
3) Rains, Warp Passages, No soft blocks, Heavy cover around the
4) Normal but with Bead Bomb
Stage 4 "Desert Twister"
2) Rains, No sand belt, Land mine icon, 3 tornados
3) Warp Passage, different maze layout, land mines
4) Rains, 4 small sand belts, line bombs
Stage 5 "Space Colony"
2) Teleporters, No Bead Bombs,
3) "Normal" There are no walking speed controls in the middle
4) Teleporters in different locations, no speed controls
Stage 6 "Bouncing Bomber"
2) Teeter-Totters(See-saws), Floor arrows, Jelly Bombs
3) Fewer Tramps, Floor Arrows, Merger icons
4) Horizontal Teeter-Totters only, Jelly Bombs
Stage 7 "Ninja House"
2) Teleporters, Warp Passages, Jelly Bombs
3) Trampolines, Jelly Bombs, Bead Bombs
4) Floor arrows, Line Bombs
Stage 8 "Factory Floor"
2) Conveyor Belt with directional change in the middle,
teleporters, Bead Bombs
3) Teleporters, Different Floor arrow layout
4) Different Conveyor belt, Glove
Wide Stage "Path to Glory" [There are no animals in the wide zones]
2) Power Zone No soft blocks, all maxed out
3) 4 Passages, Floor Arrows, Merger, Ultimate Flame
4) Conveyor belts, Teleporters, Bead Bombs, P Bombs
To access a secret 24 battle levels simply hold x, y and z buttons on controller 1 when on the stage select screen.
Press up and down and you will notice that the sky changes colour, each coloured sky transforms the stages.
Changes to each stage are as follows:
Sky Colour Orange:
Path to glory: Battle Insignia removed from floor.
Soccer Stadium: Four Trampolines in centre of stage.
Jungle Trap: Trees around perimeter shroud players and bombs from view, transient rainfall makes bombs wet and have one square explosions.
Desert Twister: Conveyor sand removed, Hard brick arrangement more 'maze like'.
Space Colony: No speed adjustment buttons.
Bouncing Bomber: Arrows added to corners and outer trampolines removed.
Ninja House: Four Trampolines added to centre of room.
Factory Floor: Four teleporters added to floor allowing transportation to other places on screen.
Sky Colour White.
Path to Glory: Battle Zone; No bricks, players have 5 bombs and a Kick bomb
Soccer Stadium: Arrows at corners and into goals allow goal scoring from top and bottom row.
Jungle Trap: Trees overgrown in corners allow bombs and players to be hidden from view, Bead Bombs added to available arsenal.
Desert Twister: Transient rainfall makes bombs wet and have one square explosions, Four little conveyor belts off set in each corner.
Space Colony: Four portals allow players to transport to other places on screen. Speed buttons removed.
Bouncing Bomber: See-saws replace trampolines and allow players and bombs to be catapulted across screen, Bouncing Bombs added to available arsenal.
Ninja House: Arrows added to floor
Factory Floor: Direction change conveyor and operation button added to floor, line Bombs added to arsenal.
Sky Colour Night.
Path to Glory: High Speed Field; Players move at high speed. Sandals replace roller skates.
Soccer Stadium: Small central conveyor belt.
Jungle Trap: Central tree cover, paths from top of screen lead to the bottom of screen (like PacMan)
Desert Twister: Transient rainfall makes bombs wet and have one square explosions, Mines added to arsenal.
Space Colony: Both Speed Adjusters and Portals are on the floor.
Bouncing Bomber: Both Arrows and see-saws are on the floor, Bouncing Bombs added to available arsenal.
Ninja House: Paths from top of screen lead to the bottom of screen, Bouncing Bombs added to available arsenal.
Factory Floor: Teleporters, four direction change conveyor belts and their controller added.