BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Two reasons why Bomberman isn't popular in America.
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Your First one is way off Hudson is the only company that really own all the rights to the game sure Majesco and others profit from them but hudson is the main one...

Not many "Good" bomberman games make it over sea's to us because lets face it Americans are picky, all "most" american gamers think about is graphics, 3D, and violence. This really sucks when a great 2d or other type of game comes out but nobody really cares to try it out, and the ones that do end up buying them are eighter true fans of the genre or reviewers that end up *beep*ing it up for non fans by giving it a bad review.

More titles of the game come out in japan because its an easier market. Japanease really care and respect games/gamemakers. They could care less if it had violence or if its in 3d, most buy games becuase of the story line or the type of genre it is.

Bomberman Jetters would have never really tacken off in the states like it did in japan because of the Anime, lets face it the Pokemon show was released in the US before the game was, which was a big selling point, in japan it was the complete oppisite the show is based on the game...rather the game was realeased before the show was in japan.

In reality there are more than two reasons why bomberman games arent ever really popular in the States. One of the most notable reason is because bomberman really isnt a type of game that can compeat with the next gen games/systems...I feel that the only posible way for idiot next gen gamers to play bomberman is to make it a first person, just look at metroid. Its an interesting idea i my slef would rather they not do it but the Bomberman generation is dieing. :cry:  If that ever happens and it becomes one of the best games of the year(which would happen only in dreams) watch for lies to come from many "Yeah I love bomberman ive played every single game" or "Bomberman has always been my favorite" you know idiot people will say things like that just to jump on the band wagon even thos they probly never thouched a bman game in there life.

The views in this post are only opinions of Bomberman3022, and should not be taken offensively

Sorry for ranting on but im really bored and never really get a chance to debate about things anymore :hilarious: 
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1549s
Index - Back to Top