Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bombing Quest (Old)
TeamPuh
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:38 am  Reply with quote + 
Thank you BlueFire4101 for the detailed analysis! It is a real treasure to have someone who understands the core mechanics and can give quick accurate feedback.

Here are my thoughts on what can be done:

-Camera angle - this is something easy to experiment with - can add 5-30degrees and see how it feels.
-Camera position over the battlefield - this one would require more consideration as some arenas are with irregular shapes, or larger than the screen. Also - we have to check how it feels if camera jumps from following you, to center on the arena, when you enter it. We will play with that.
-Clarity of the details - yeah - this is a constant struggle - making the arena objects look cool in 3d as well as still having the blocky shape. Gameplay is always a priority, but while designing it, you kind of get used to the objects and can't spot some lack of clarity which can be unpleasant for the players. More playtesting is needed to clean the stuff - hope you guys can help with that :happy: 
-Clarity of the colors, textures, shaders - this is something we generally experiment with and continue improving.
-Darkness - Except for the atmospheric choice, I guess this has something to do with the brightness/contrast settings of the screen - for example on my screen (I do the coding, so I work with the lowest brightness possible) everything is pretty dark and only the area immediate to the player is bright enough while on Anna's screen (the girl who does the design and uses the GPU/screens factory settings) everything is far brighter, even to the point that the environment looks like a daytime, instead of twilight. We will add brightness/contrast configuration setting for sure.
-Information and arena awareness - Not having the whole arena well visible was actually a design choice - making the far reaches of the arena kind of hidden, even planning to have a dark biome, where you see only a few blocks around, until you find an artefact which gives you light and increases your light radius with a few blocks. What do you thing about that?

Thank you again BlueFire4101 for the valuable feedback. Also - if any of you guys want to help - at some point I can send you a demo with configurable settings to test and say what works best for you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1482s
Index - Back to Top