Legato's Thread of Bomberman Stuff
[Replies: 117]  [Views: 28394]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#61  Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:16 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm just dropping by to say thanks again, publicly this time (since this topic needs attention)! You're doing great work! :cool: 
View user profile Send Private Message
legato
Bomberman

Post#62  Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks to everyone who stopped by to give a kind comment. I'm glad there's still a community to share it with!

For those of you keeping up with the channel, I recently posted a video about the Xbox 360 avatar wearing Bomberman themed clothes. Well I made a GIF of it and wanted to dump it here.

https://i.imgur.com/DT9a0Xw.gif
legato
Bomberman

Post#63  Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey guys. The recent post I had on the previous page was getting quite bloated with links, so I'm going to start putting them here. I recently finished the two, untranslated Bakugaiden games. It was challenging in some areas but with the help of Plas, Ragey, Vent and the community, I have succeeded. Here's some image packs to celebrate the occasion.

B-Daman Baku Gaiden Victory e no Michi (GBC) (158.6 MB):
https://mega.nz/#!ZuwjELRJ!uHoWO6bOT3e4uePgs8ukD_cUW6YJSKZsUfFayjajSy4

B-Daman Baku Gaiden V Final Mega Tune (GBC) (381.5 MB):
https://mega.nz/#!oaZXzB6S!oZoLDQFvL57PM3icMj58QKimy74AKmazKt8rnOECPKw
legato
Bomberman

Post#64  Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks to someone sharing a GIF on Twitter (I can't remember who for the life of me) but I learned of an anime called Bug-tte Honey. Basically, some kids get sucked into their Adventure Island video game and wackiness ensues. They meet Master Higgins and the whole shabang.

Here's a taste!

Now as you can imagine, being Hudson and all, Bomberman makes an appearance several times. There are even many instances of sound effects and jingles being used from Bomberman for NES. The pack I'm including below features all physical cameos as well as a few of the sound effect moments.

Please note that I skimmed this series and did not watch it entirely so if anyone finds anything I missed then please feel free to share. Someone was kind enough to rip the entire show from DVDs and upload them to dailymotion. One or two episodes are missing, presumably due to copyright takedowns, and the show has no English subtitles, but it's fun to gloss over for the heck of it.

The series itself: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zn0sq

Stuff I recorded (35.6 MB):
https://mega.nz/#!gagkGaZZ!YJJUzKqRkN_Jgqzib-x51EOnk8Buc30KLnsbTSRU6xY
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#65  Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
This show seems cute. I think it's worth noting that it came out when the latest Bomberman was just the NES one with little "official" art direction to go by, so that probably explains some of Bomberman's bizarre design here (though it certainly doesn't explain the creepy face!). Still, there's something weird about seeing such a bootleggy version of a popular character appear at such an early stage in an official production!
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#66  Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
He actually looks closer to the robots on the cover of Hudson's Lode Runner than his in-game sprite... so maybe that's what they were going for?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#67  Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#68  Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well they're predominately blue with a green face, at least. My memory must be going. :xeyes: 
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#69  Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
The secret stages and secret items are intriguing, and I'd like to know more...

Legato, when you get the chance, can you try to access at least the first secret stage in Bomberman N-gage?
And if you do, please tell (or show) us what its like.
The Manual says that the first one can be accessed by beating the first boss without placing a single bomb.
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
legato
Bomberman

Post#70  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:37 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey there BakuBonba! I played the N-Gage game again and tried for those stages like you asked. The first boss was a lot harder than I thought. It's really difficult to get him to walk in front of his own bombs. :oops:  So instead I switched to the second boss and unlocked the stage through him. The game does play a special sound when you accomplish these tasks so that's good to know.

I want to say the other stages are accessed through certain boss conditions but I can only guess what they are. Anyway, here's a video of the world 2 secret stage. It's kinda strange and I'm not really sure what it does.

https://mega.nz/#!oD5HTJTK!xpZUlSbJII8Kjujbelzz9HexbHCl8AUm2-1zQIQy3U0
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#71  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ok. Thanks, legato! :peace: 

EDIT: I think that giant Fire Up might be a Full Fire. The reason why it didn't do anything is probably because you're maxed out on Fire Power.

EDIT2: I wonder if someone could look into a sis (N-Gage ROM file) file of the game to find out how to find the other secret rooms. :normal: 
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#72  Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey legato, I have another question. What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Bomberman Mobile game (J2me/N Gage only)?
legato
Bomberman

Post#73  Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Here's a weird one for the books, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, where Bomberman judges a bikini contest...

https://mega.nz/#!0K5llCiL!83PPOS5llqP3yH-Z_S23Lj5pCz39RzqIBbp7cfWvBFA
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#74  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
Here's a weird one for the books, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, where Bomberman judges a bikini contest...

:mystery:  ?????????????
Ok then. Because that's what Bomberman apparently did at one point (for all we know, maybe he needed a job to pay his bills and this was the only one. Who knows? ).
Seriously though, the sheer concept of this is bizzare.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#75  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
BakuBonba wrote:
legato wrote:

:mystery:  ?????????????
Ok then. Because that's what Bomberman apparently did at one point (for all we know, maybe he needed a job to pay his bills and this was the only one. Who knows? ).
Seriously though, the sheer concept of this is bizzare.

I'm fairly certain that the whole idea behind Galaxy Fraulein Yuna is that she's a mary sue character and this is also Hudson so really I'm not surprised. Although I've only really read about Yuna via wiki tbh. It's just judging by her abilities and the way she's described that she gives me that strong vibe.
legato
Bomberman

Post#76  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey guys. It'll be a while before i post anymore bomberman stuff. I woke up this morning to a loud popping sound and I run into the next room to see my dumbass cat had knocked over a glass of tea i left sitting on my desk last night. My computer is freakin' fried!!!

I turned the power off and unplugged the computer so luckily i was able to avoid any fires or anything crazy, but all my bomberman stuff is gone. Ill have to download all my videos and back them up again but i lost so many save states and little videos.

I still have my phone so at least i can still use the internet but damn, this really sucks. And it was the brand new computer i built too. I am livid.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#77  Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Aww. :sad:  Let's have a moment of silence for legato's computer.

Ok. Here's some "interesting" news. A new J2me emulator for Android has appeared on the Google Play store. Its called J2me Loader. I first got it not too long after it was released. At first, Bomberman 3D (remember that game? The one that wouldn't work?) Didn't startup (as usual) But, an update came to the emulator. The current version, (as of this post) 1.2.8.4, ACTUALLY loads Bomberman 3D. But the graphics don't load (its probably the jar file I have). A few days later, I found this page:
https://github.com/nikita36078/J2ME-Loader/issues/267
That's a bug page for Bomberman 3D. Now, some people may be saying:"What's so special about that page?". Well...
1. The game version is 1.0.3 & the resolution is 240x320 (The resolution we've been trying to get to work).
2. One of the issues is that "AFTER" finishing the first level, the game crashes. After.

That means that there is a 240x320 resolution Jar file out there that works with an emulator (maybe)! The 240x320 version has more levels (digging into the non-working version's files reveals more levels). The emulator has had a ton of fixes that involve games, so even if we don't find that file, the person who created the emulator will probably fix all of the issues with the game's emulation in the near future, allowing us to play Bomberman 3D!
I hope this cheers you up.
EDIT: I didn't find the jar file (yet) but someone who has a github account could report that the game doesn't work properly (at least, the JAR file we have). That way, the game might work and we can archive another piece of Bomber-History.
legato
Bomberman

Post#78  Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah that is splendid news! Keep us posted Baku.

I must also confess, my computer is just fine. :happy:  April Fools.
Evi
Bombertrainee

Post#79  Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I knew it!

You totally fooled me at first, but then I remember what day it was. >.<
Tricky...
legato
Bomberman

Post#80  Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey all. Been a good while since the last post. I've been working on videos for the channel mostly but updates have slowed lately. If you guys ever have suggestions for videos, feel free to let me know.

Today I played a bit of Bomberman '93 and found a few differences. The title screen and a few of the boss victory screens are different between Japan and North America. I only used passwords to go straight to the bosses so more differences may be eluding me, but these are the ones I found.

[Collapse] Bomberman '93 Comparisons

Last edited by legato on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:41 am
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 6 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2830s
Index - Back to Top