Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Mobile Thread
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#32  Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks so much for finding Bomberman '08, BakuBonba - I'm really dang surprised it even came to English shores! And on Windows Mobile, of all things? I haven't found any reports of its English release online (all mentions just link to the illegal downloads!), but it certainly looks official.

And big thanks to Legato for playing and recording those dodgy mobile games! I still need to watch them in full, but cheers for giving us these resources and doing what no one else probably wanted to!

3D Bomberman Atomic was never mentioned on Hudson's Japanese sites, so I always presumed it was an unofficial bootleg grabbing sprites from wherever it could and never gave it much thought... but I only just saw it's published by Living Mobile. They published ports of official Bomberman mobile games, but this is the only one by them that looks brand new (so to speak). I can't find any mention of it on their old site (or any specific games at all), but I'll have to look into it.

Regarding the other games mentioned:

Bomberman Deluxe: I was only familiar with the versions floating online with totally ghastly upscaled graphics, so I assumed it was a mod-job by Living Mobile, but the screenshot BakuBonba linked looks similar to Super Bomberman. And it's got big bosses, too? I'll need to look into this one; I wonder if it was the game that got graphic-swapped to make R20☆ Moe Bomberman, Yatterman X Bomberman and others?
Super Bomberman: Port of a Japanese game, definitely official. I recorded a terrible playthrough of it years ago.
Bomberman 3D: Another official Japanese port. I'll see if I can upload a playthrough I did years back. Only the smallest version floating online (176x208) works in KEmulator, but it only has the first world; looking at the files in the other versions suggest they have at least two more worlds. I've been meaning to test if I could get the others working on a real phone.
It's actually got an interesting level-branching system where you go to a different stage depending on what you do. Your goal is to defeat all enemies, but if you destroy all the soft blocks in stage 1-1 you'll go to stage 1-3, and if you get all the items in 1-2 you go to 1-5. I definitely got the alternate exit in 1-3 once, though I never worked out what triggered it! The time limit? Numbers of bombs used...?
Bomberman Supreme: It's from Living Mobile so it must be official to some degree, not sure what game it's a port of, if any. It's got Deluxe's horrible upscaled sprites, though.

Vent and I talked about mobile games years ago, and I'm still not sure how they were distributed or downloaded in Japan at the time. Some sources talk about them as if they were never on the phone's memory, but just streamed while you played? I'm assuming that's a load of baloney, as there's one Twitter user I know of still playing i-Mode games from 2009, so if you had them, they're still there. How on earth you'd preserve them is beyond me; the games discussed in this thread are mostly Java-based, but I don't know what Japan's phone games were developed with.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1251s
Index - Back to Top