Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#21  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:31 am  Reply with quote + 
@legato Oh My GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! :surprise: 
Why are THEY bosses?! :mystery: 

Are you going to make a playthrough of Bomberman 3D (Many emulators have issues with that game. The version that worked for me Was in 176x208 resolution and less levels). Also, it would be nice if you did a Bomberman Deluxe playthrough.
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
View user profile Send Private Message
legato
Bomberman

Post#22  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:02 am  Reply with quote + 
@BakuBonba Yes I intend on playing every one of these I can possibly emulate. I'm usually the guy around here to do a lot of odd grunt work for the Bomberman series. I don't mind playing through these games despite how difficult or boring they can be. I'm actually uploading Deluxe as I type this. :peace: 

Bomberman 3D is on my list as well. I had the same problem, only the 176x208 version works of the ones I've tried. It looks a bit bad so I'm going to search the internet for a while before I do a playthrough of it.

I can only upload about one playthrough a day right now due to the huge demand on my computer to render these videos. Considering they are 1080p and 60 fps, it takes at least 6 hours to render the video, even with my i7 core. Uploading it to youtube takes about 3 hours total from start to finish so it's a lengthy process. We'll get there though, just hang tight my friend. :cool: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the playthroughs, legato. <3

It's super weird to see those bosses return out of context in a shoddy mobile game. I assume that the devs were granted access to whatever models Hudson Soft had available at the time. It's the only reasonable explanation I can think of, and it would significantly lessen the budget.
legato
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:26 am  Reply with quote + 
I should also comment that I did find Fire Bomber of the Dark Force Bombers as well. Apparently he and Earth Bomber appear as normal enemies throughout the main game. For whatever reason, Wind and Water were absent to my knowledge.

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Bagura finally decided to mass produce.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#26  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:33 am  Reply with quote + 
My main problem with the 176x208 resolution version (the one I found anyway) has only 7 levels when I've seen screenshots with more levels. Maybe its the Emulator that's the problem. Or maybe its the Jar file. Who knows.

Here's some info on Bomberman Act zero mobile type (still haven't found it)
There is a 30 stage story mode (a blessing compared to the console version's 99).
There is also a Survival Mode.
Then, there is "GPS Battle". You can play with players from all over japan (It even comes with a map of japan and your location).

The 3D Models look ok. I'm basing this info on the 2006 YouTube video and Ragey's website.

Also, Miscellaneous Screenshots!

All of these Screenshots are from Ragey's website so thanks to him.
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#27  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I gave legato's playthrough of 3D Bomberman Atomic (thanks, Jimmy!) a cursory look and identified as many graphical sources as I could:

Bomberman World
Bomberman (appears to be world map pre-renders as he isn't isometric)
Ballom (Challenge Game)
Sabotegoron (W2; cactus)
Rokkun (W3)
Earth Bomber
Sparky (W4; jellyfish)
Saucer (W5)
Red Bomberman
Fire Bomber
Black Bomberman
Phara (W3)
Typhoon (fan; W2)

Bomberman 64
Cerberus/Absolute (full model)

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!!
Black hole
Angel of Light and Shadow (full model)
Title screen (tracing of Survival mode graphic; colours are simplified, Bomberman's face has been altered from a terrified expression to a "serious" one, and other characters/bombs/scenery have been removed)

Other
Menu graphic of Bomberman with bomb in hand (I can't remember where it originates, but it's fairly common to see now)
"Level cleared" graphic of Bomberman (I also can't remember the source, but I don't think this is original)

Unknown/Original?
Tank boss (full model)
Rabbit boss (full model)
Bomberman defeated graphic (this actually looks custom drawn)

--------------------

It looks like most of the assets come from Bomberman World, the actual pre-rendered sprites used in the game. Since this game is not isometric, despite being 3D, this gives enemies a weirdly tilted appearance. Fortunately for the devs, they had the world map graphic to use for Bomberman, so at least he's adjusted a bit more appropriately.

Where it gets kind of strange is that they got their hands on the actual, full models of the Angel and Cerberus from Baku 1 & 2. It looks like they only had the models, as the animations on the Angel are new (it looks like it's... walking... with a cane...).

The other two bosses - the tank and rabbit, the latter of which will assuredly appear in my nightmares - don't seem to originate from Bomberman as far as I can remember. Given the state of the rest of the game's graphics, I have to wonder if they came from someplace else.

If anybody else can help identify possible sources for other graphics, including backgrounds and items and whatnot, if they are not indeed original, it would be much appreciated.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#28  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the Info on 3D Bomberman Atomic. @Plasma Captain
Also, is it just me or is Cerberus' model colored differently?

How did the developers get access to The Assets for:
Bomberman World
Baku Bomberman/Bomberman 64
Baku Bomberman 2/Bomberman 64 the second attack

@legato Thanks for all your help in archiving the J2me Bomberman mobile games. :veryhappy: 
legato
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
You're welcome pal. I do it for this great fanbase. :peace: 

I'm curious BakuBonba, the game Supreme and Classic, is that the actual name of it? Or is it Reloaded? I've seen two different names and idk what to call it.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
BakuBonba wrote:
Bomberman World

That's my question too. My initial assumption is that Hudson wanted Living Mobile to make a 3D game, maybe because it was "modern" for the time on that platform. But maybe they didn't have the budget to create all new graphics, so Hudson just gave them access to their old library.

Honestly, I'd love to know the story behind the development of this, if only for how strange the resulting product is.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#31  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
You're welcome pal. I do it for this great fanbase. :peace: 

I'm curious BakuBonba, the game Supreme and Classic, is that the actual name of it? Or is it Reloaded? I've seen two different names and idk what to call it.

As far as I can tell, Classic is the Bomberman NES port featured in Bomberman Supreme/Reloaded. Some sources call it Reloaded while others call it Supreme.

Plasma Captain wrote:
BakuBonba wrote:
Bomberman World

That's my question too. My initial assumption is that Hudson wanted Living Mobile to make a 3D game, maybe because it was "modern" for the time on that platform. But maybe they didn't have the budget to create all new graphics, so Hudson just gave them access to their old library.

Honestly, I'd love to know the story behind the development of this, if only for how strange the resulting product is.

Maybe doing some research on 3D Bomberman Atomic will help. I would like to know the back story behind this too.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#32  Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks so much for finding Bomberman '08, BakuBonba - I'm really dang surprised it even came to English shores! And on Windows Mobile, of all things? I haven't found any reports of its English release online (all mentions just link to the illegal downloads!), but it certainly looks official.

And big thanks to Legato for playing and recording those dodgy mobile games! I still need to watch them in full, but cheers for giving us these resources and doing what no one else probably wanted to!

3D Bomberman Atomic was never mentioned on Hudson's Japanese sites, so I always presumed it was an unofficial bootleg grabbing sprites from wherever it could and never gave it much thought... but I only just saw it's published by Living Mobile. They published ports of official Bomberman mobile games, but this is the only one by them that looks brand new (so to speak). I can't find any mention of it on their old site (or any specific games at all), but I'll have to look into it.

Regarding the other games mentioned:

Bomberman Deluxe: I was only familiar with the versions floating online with totally ghastly upscaled graphics, so I assumed it was a mod-job by Living Mobile, but the screenshot BakuBonba linked looks similar to Super Bomberman. And it's got big bosses, too? I'll need to look into this one; I wonder if it was the game that got graphic-swapped to make R20☆ Moe Bomberman, Yatterman X Bomberman and others?
Super Bomberman: Port of a Japanese game, definitely official. I recorded a terrible playthrough of it years ago.
Bomberman 3D: Another official Japanese port. I'll see if I can upload a playthrough I did years back. Only the smallest version floating online (176x208) works in KEmulator, but it only has the first world; looking at the files in the other versions suggest they have at least two more worlds. I've been meaning to test if I could get the others working on a real phone.
It's actually got an interesting level-branching system where you go to a different stage depending on what you do. Your goal is to defeat all enemies, but if you destroy all the soft blocks in stage 1-1 you'll go to stage 1-3, and if you get all the items in 1-2 you go to 1-5. I definitely got the alternate exit in 1-3 once, though I never worked out what triggered it! The time limit? Numbers of bombs used...?
Bomberman Supreme: It's from Living Mobile so it must be official to some degree, not sure what game it's a port of, if any. It's got Deluxe's horrible upscaled sprites, though.

Vent and I talked about mobile games years ago, and I'm still not sure how they were distributed or downloaded in Japan at the time. Some sources talk about them as if they were never on the phone's memory, but just streamed while you played? I'm assuming that's a load of baloney, as there's one Twitter user I know of still playing i-Mode games from 2009, so if you had them, they're still there. How on earth you'd preserve them is beyond me; the games discussed in this thread are mostly Java-based, but I don't know what Japan's phone games were developed with.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#33  Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey Ragey! Your website was the thing that inspired me to look for Bomberman '08 so thanks. :happy: 
Anyway, That upscaled version of Bomberman Deluxe looks UGLY! I wonder if someone could find that version on the internet? As for Bomberman 3D, It seems that we are all having the same problem. We'll have to find a version that works (or maybe a different emulator. Who knows. ). Bomberman 3D seems to use the same level system as Super Bomberman 5 and the Bomberman Max games.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what format I-Mode is.

You found files for the 2nd and 3rd world in Bomberman 3D? (240x320)
I wonder if there is a way to inject those files into Bomberman 3D (176x208)
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#34  Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:54 am  Reply with quote + 
Legato posted a video on Bomberman Puzzle
https://youtu.be/VorV-iQSqss

And also a longplay of Super Bomberman.
https://youtu.be/SQJ_oTszv1o

Thanks, Legato! :happy: 

Bomberman Jetters had a mobile game.

Here's some info, Straight from Ragey's website.
Ragey wrote:
A 2D platformer based off the Bomberman Jetters anime. Shirobon must traverse across 4 stages to defeat the Hige Hige Bandits, with 5 varieties of bomb at his disposal, including the Fire Bomb and Aqua Bomb.
Shirobon comes with a health gauge, though each stage is played against a timer. Should his health drain to zero or the timer count down, he will lose a life.

The high scores are submitted to a national rankings list.

Although the title screen reads "Volume 1", no other source refers to it by that name, nor does there appear to be a "Volume 2" edition.

Later, this game was released.

Thanks for the info, Ragey! :happy: 

Apparently, Legato found a game called Bomberman 3D 2009. I'll do an investigation into this game. Maybe I'll find out about its origins and whether or not its official.

Can someone help Legato translate this?
http://i.imgur.com/T7uy3xu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/22EDDFa.jpg
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#35  Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Legato posted a longplay of Bomberman Panic (Panic Bomber for mobile)
https://youtu.be/4pu0ahVo50c

I know this is a bit off topic but I Made a forum game called Bomberman Adventures 1. Its a 1 to 4 player game. Entering begins now. If anyone wants to enter, go here TOTALLY NOT AN AD FOR MY FORUM GAME
Now, back on topic. From the research I did, Bomberman 3D 2009 is a nonofficial game. Probably.
And, @Plasma Captain, If you thought 3D Bomberman Atomic was bad with its Bomberman World Sprite Stealing Ripping, Just play Bomberman 3D 2009.

So far, Legato and I have had no luck with Bomberman 3D. :sad: 
On a positive note, We can start the search for Bomberman (N-gage)! I've always wanted to try this one! @legato, Can you help me find the files for the game?
I just found it.
Also, I'm a Bomberdude now. Yay!

From what I've heard, There are secret stages in Bomberman (n-gage) One particular stage is accessed by Not placing a single bomb in the first boss fight. That's what I've heard, anyway.
EDIT: Can someone help me find an N-gage emulator?
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#36  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone Edited this thread. I don't remember my legato posted a video on Super Bomberman saying And also a longplay on Super Bomberman. Oh well.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#37  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
BakuBonba wrote:
Someone Edited this thread. I don't remember my legato posted a video on Super Bomberman saying And also a longplay on Super Bomberman. Oh well.

The topic was edited to have the double, triple, quadruple and etc posts merged together. Due to the amount of posts that had to be merged, "And also" was just added to the one post to make it flow better since the words were an exact copy of the post before it, normally the original post text isn't modified at all.

Please note that as stated in the Forum Rules, double posting is highly discouraged without a good reason to do so, or without around a month going by.

Double posting is the act of making multiple posts in a row in the same topic, without somebody else posting in-between it. It's against the rules on almost any forum, as it creates unecessary clutter and is often associated with things like spam, flooding, and people trying to inflate their post count.

So please refrain from double posting on the forum, as you had been making 2-3+ posts in a row, and often just minutes, hours and sometimes a day after the previous one, and most of these should've been edited into the original post instead.

Here's some tips that can help you avoid double posting:
1: For continuations of your previous post, use the Edit button instead, as the Forum is not a Chat.
2: If barely any time has passed since your previous post and the edit is of importance, you could copy the text, delete the original post and then repost it with the updated text so that people would be re-notified of it.
3: Reply to multiple people in a single post instead of seperating it, you can use the Multi Quote feature by pressing the [+] next to the Quote button, or open a normal Quote window and copy and paste the text from it.
4: There's no need to make a Forum post soley for the sake of reposting something from the Chat, this is especially the case if it's somebody else's content that they could post themselves if they wanted to.
5: A Forum is a place to gather your thoughts and make informative or useful posts in some manner, instead of being in a rush and making multiple posts back to back in the same topic about similar things, you could try waiting a bit and make nice compilation of it instead.

We're normally pretty leniant about a double post here and there, but when done too much for the wrong reasons it's not ok, as it creates unnecessary clutter and gives the moderators extra work to do cleaning it up.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#38  Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Fine then. If you DON'T want me post, I'll stop posting then because you're acting as if I'm repeatedly breaking the rules and as such treating me like a juvenile. And then you accuse me of trying to inflate my post count. If you're a board moderator, you're supposed to do your job. NOT abuse people on the site (new members for that matter. I just joined a month ago.). Deep inside, this makes me sad because there are so many great people and to get abused by a moderator annoys me. Now, if you excuse me, I'm gonna pull the Bomberman '08 download from this website. :down: 
Razon
Board Admin

Post#39  Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Note that I merely stated the forum rules in my post and pointed out what you were doing for the purpose of enforcing said rules, it's not a personal attack or mistreatment of any kind.

I did not accuse you of double posting with ill intention, or for the sake of raising your post count. I said that it's one of the negative cases that double posting can sometimes be associated with, along with other scenarios.

Also I didn't say that I wanted you to stop posting, quite the contrary in fact as I had provided you a bulletin list of advice on ways to go about making better forum posts, as to help encourage posting etiquette that falls in line with the forum standards.

Among other things, you said that you didn't know what double posting was when it was mentioned to you before, and it appeared that you are likely new to using forums in general.

So I took the time to explain in detail what double posting is, and the reasons as to why it's typically not allowed or is discouraged against. Followed by kindly asking you to refrain from double posting, while providing advice on how to do exactly that.
legato
Bomberman

Post#40  Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Don't be upset BakuBonba, he's not saying it to be personal. All he's suggesting is that you post when there's something new worth mentioning and if the comment compliments a post you recently made, you edit it instead to keep things tidy around here. Most message boards in general discourage the idea of creating a lot of posts in a short amount of time. It just makes it seem more cluttered and difficult to see other people's posts who might come along.

He's the moderator so it's his job to explain everything to people as if they have no idea. We don't want to discourage you from posting with us. :peace: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2809s
Index - Back to Top