Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Mobile Thread
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
Gee Vent, thanks for that unproductive post as usual. Maybe instead of acting like an edge lord around here you actually post something people would like to read.

I wanted to know more information about this game because I've never heard of the J2ME games or Bomberman '08 and I'm sure there are others who haven't as well. Is the entire game just a remake of '94 or is there differences or new modes?

Here is a website you can use to learn more.

Regarding J2me games, I've found Several games. Here is the list.
Super Bomberman (Not a port of The SNES game. Wikipedia lies!)
Bomberman Deluxe (doesn't seem so "Deluxe" to me)
Bomberman Supreme/Reloaded (Comes with a BAD Perfectly Fine port of Bomberman NES. Other than that, this game gets a *PB rating.
Spoiler:
*PB = Pretty Boring. - Sonic and BakuBonba.
)
Bomberman Kart (Do you know someone who drives over the speed limit alot? Have them try to keep nitro speed in this game without crashing into something. They'll never speed again.)
Bomberman 3D (as 3D as Symbian Phone games get!)
3D Bomberman Atomic (Please Don't play it. Also, what type of title is 3D Bomberman Atomic?!)
Bomberman Panic (Literally a port of Panic Bomber. Why they couldn't call it Panic Bomber is beyond me.)
Bomberman Pinball
Spoiler:
(I. Hate. This. Game.)
Maybe I'll make this into a Mobile Game Thread.
Anyway, As far as I can tell, Bomberman '08/Bomberman Doesn't add a whole lot of things.
Additions:
The Spirit Piece Animation after you clear a level is completely different between '94 and '08.

Battle Mode is GONE. Wait... that's not an addition!

The Password system has been Turned into an actual save system with 2 save files (you can only save on the level select screen).

The graphics are Updated and the characters use modern designs.

As for info on Bomberman '08, Well, Gather around the Forum Campfire, everyone as I'm going to tell you about Bomberman '08.
Bomberman '08 is a Japan only (Is?! More like Was!) Mobile phone game. The game (as evidenced by the title) is a remake of Bomberman '94/Mega Bomberman. The game Boasted New, Enhanced Graphics, And the Ever so Classic BM '94 Normal Game. I thought it was Japan only until I came across a Windows mobile 6 port, known as Bomberman. The PocketPc port, unlike the original, was practically undocumented at the time(its not like Bomberman '08 is a beacon of info either). So, I decided to make that my first forum topic. The port of a port was English translated meaning that Hudson Soft was probably involved in this. Bomberman '08 (for some reason) removes the Battle Game (The only options are NewGame, Continue, and Help). It also doesn't have the intro cutscene. The story is covered in the Help menu.

Also @legato, Bomberman '08 is literally a remake of '94 (with a proper save feature). There aren't any Huge differences or New Modes.
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."

Last edited by BakuBonba on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:20 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1459s
Index - Back to Top