Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Mobile Thread
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Very cool! I've never played this one before.

The most information I know that is out there about it is probably here. A lot of these mobile games kind of fell by the wayside and nobody really talks about them... Probably because most of them didn't make it outside of Japan.

Ragey's website was the thing that inspired me to look for this game. So i would like to thank him for that.
Also, something I forgot to talk about was the level names. I'll be comparing the level names in Bomberman '08/Bomberman to Mega Bomberman.
(Bomberman '08/Mega Bomberman)
MoriMoriForest/Jammin Jungle
AchiAchiMountain/Vexin Volcano
That's as far as I've gotten so far. I'll continue playing the game later. Also, Bomberman '08 has a save feature, unlike the original.

The strange part about this (other than the fact that they ported Bomberman '08 to Windows mobile) is the fact that its translated. Who translated this? Was it Hudson Soft? I doubt it since the translation is literally a straight translation (MoriMoriForest for example). And... was this even an official release (it comes with touch controls and instructions outside of the game itself)? This boggles my mind. :mystery: 

Here is The Japanese version's title screen (credit to ragey for this picture)

And here is Bomberman '94's title screen.

I was trying to add the link to the website where you could download the game, but the website changed completely. Now, I can't find the file on the website. Luckily, I downloaded the file before then, so I'll just distribute the file through other means.

Its here! But only for a limited time! The Bomberman '08 download! :veryhappy: 
Download Here (With Instructions):
Currently closed
Enjoy! :happy: 

Bomberman '08 is a remake of Bomberman '94/Mega Bomberman released for mobile phones in 2008 (hence the title, Bomberman '08). When the game was released for Windows mobile, it was renamed "Bomberman". Before this, People thought that Bomberman '08 was lost to time. Well, not anymore!
Info on Bomberman '94/Mega Bomberman:
http://www.randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/bomb/pce-94/
Info on Bomberman '08:
http://www.randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/bomb/mob/08/
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."

Last edited by BakuBonba on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:31 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1551s
Index - Back to Top