Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman '94
mitja
Bomberbie

Post#11  Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Do they fit? Or do they only seem to fit because we're so used to them being there? Tigers and onions don't really have anything to do with a factory that manufactures bombs (nor do they have much to do with many of the other environments in which they've appeared over the years).

Pre-SNES Bomberman games largely just had random animals and strange monsters with little in common with their environments. They were very abstract things like blobs that cry when you blast them or frilly mouths that chomp repeatedly. Bomberman '93 and Bomberman '94 were taking the series' very first fledgling steps into more diverse and structured design, with enemies that were actually unique to certain worlds (and which fit thematically), big bosses that stretched over the screen, and by the time Bomberman '94 appeared, even traps that play into the worlds' environments.

If you look at Bomberman, Bomberman '93, and Bomberman '94, all for the PCE, each released sequentially, you can really get a feel for how these older games were still trying to cling on to the style of NES Bomberman, but were gradually adding and revising elements to refine the gameplay and general aesthetic.

Haven't played Bomberman for pce yet I only did the nes one. But I have played Bomberman '94 today for the first time and god it was better in almost every category except I liked the mega bomberman music in this version It just doesn't really catch my ears except stage 1 theme which is different in both versions. It's a bit weird that Roois and remote bomb have the same button it was a bit annoying at least with green rooi it was kinda ok with yellow one and pink one is basically useless in this game so it didn't matter but finding out that you can be invincible in the game that sure is just but only works with purple rooi which jumps at the same time as the remote bomb explodes which is pretty handy... in my life I have never beaten a final boss in 1 minute every form took about 15-20 seconds and there were "cutscenes" which I couldn't skip but it was fun with this little trick even though I have discovered it too late in the final stage if brown rooi existed in this game it would be useless because of the controls.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1292s
Index - Back to Top