BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Editor??
mitja
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
mitja wrote:
if the game has 50 levels with same design that is not really fun.

That's literally Bomberman for the NES, though. Every stage has the same basic structure. The only difference is that soft blocks and the exit are randomized, there is an item (and sometimes a bonus condition) placed in a random position unique to each stage, and each stage has a specific enemy set. So hacking Bomberman NES would basically amount to changing those things, the graphics and the audio - there's no real way to make unique map layouts is what I was trying to say.

You could go to the Romhacking forum and ask there if you want someone to try to hack a specific Bomberman game, but I honestly doubt anybody will take you up on your offer. That's a lot of work with no payoff. Imagine a Venn diagram - one circle is people who like Bomberman, and the other circle is people who have the time and skills to hack ROM's. Both of those circles are rather small. The overlap is even smaller.

The alternative is that you could try to learn to do it yourself, but bear in mind that it could take a long time, especially if you have no experience in computer science.

I don't understand hackers I seriously don't and bomberman doesn't look the type of game that would be hard to create a level editor for I mean mario got his level editor and even all freaking snes games donkey kong country games those games look far more complicated than bomberman.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1432s
Index - Back to Top