Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Bomberman R
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#31  Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
I didn't see it linked here before (apologies if I just missed it), but for the record, here's someone talking about the Konami rep mentioning that the team responsible for SBR is partially comprised of former Hudson employees who worked on past Bomberman games: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/super-bomberman-r-is-being-made-by-former-bomberman-staff/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I like thinking of the R in the title as standing for "Resurrection," even though that's probably not what it is. But that's what this game represents to me. It's true that there's nothing really revolutionary about Super Bomberman R, not in the way that Bomberman 64 changed up the original single-player gameplay, but it does look like a good return to form and then some, which is way more than what any of us could have expected of da Konams based on the past several years. Since it's clearly and specifically a throwback to the Super Bomberman days, it's entirely possible that an N64 throwback (/VIBRATES INTENSELY...!!!!) is in the gold cards, if this game does well and Konami keeps its shiitake mushrooms together.

Additionally, since I came into the franchise via the N64 games (more specifically, Bomberman Hero, although I had played some B64 multiplayer at a not-cousin's house once or twice), I don't have nostalgic memories of the Super Bomberman style of gameplay.* So I'm excited to experience some of it here.

*That being said, it occurs to me that the dungeon levels in both Bomberman Tournament/Story and Bomberman Story DS are essentially SB-style stages with more context, which especially makes a lot of sense given the plot of the former. Bomberman 2/Custom Battler Bomberman harkens closer to the more straightforward Super Bomberman days, I think, and this was the game I thought of when the Treehouse hosts mentioned the different stage clearing conditions.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1361s
Index - Back to Top