Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Bomberman R
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow, this is quite surprising. Like everyone else, I'm just shocked and grateful that they're bringing out a new (real) Bomberman game after all this time.

I assume the "R" stands for "reboot" given the new storyline and redesigned 5 Fiendish Bombers, though it's not uncommon for sequels in Japan to have the "R" designation.

The art style is slick.

Neo Bagura looks pretty cool, as do the new Fiendish Bombers, though it makes me sad that 1) The old continuity might be dead and 2) Pretty Bomber appears to have been completely relegated to ditsy hero status, replacing her in the villains' lineup with a... hey wait a minute... [looks at my own logo, in avatar]

I legit thought Magnet was holding an "S" bomb until Hammer pointed out otherwise. I wonder if Golem's "growths" are in reference to his character established in "Saturn Bomberman Fight!!"?

I'm not sure I understand the decision to leave out Brain and Golems' head emblems, kind of weird but okay.

I'm not sure if there will be a defined "leader"; it could just be Golem taking his place as the strongest boss, like in Jetters GC and Quest.

I don't know what to say about the Battle Game except that, yay, something new for a change? There's a stage with the old SB2 magnets and a stage with varying terrain levels, so it seems like it will be more than the same old stuff they'd gotten used to cranking out.

All-in-all, very interesting.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1296s
Index - Back to Top