Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Bomberman R
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 am  Reply with quote + 
(copy paste of what I've excitedly blurted out on Reddit)

Oh this is superb, there is seriously some good stuff here, like most people I thought Bomberman was likely to rot forever in the dungeons of Konami was the rest of Hudson's IPs, occasionally being flogged as mobile crap.

As far as art style goes, its not the worst that the series has ever had in my opinion. A cartoonie mashup of the looks from Super Bomberman and Bomberman Land. The voices are silly but they've never actually been good in the west.

In terms of stuff they've brought back... there is more in this game than ever.

The Five Dastardly Bombers are on the front cover which is fantastic, although Pretty Bomber isn't one of them any more, her design seems to have been adapted into a generic female bomber, dunno who the new one is, maybe it is just a heavily re-designed Pretty Bomber. Golem Bomber appears to have grown a daisy and obtained Hammer Bomber's eye. The old dude at the top of the box art may or may not be a re-designed Bagular. He has the beard and the monocle but isn't blue any more and doesn't have a big red B on his forehead. I also saw Hige Hige bandits running around. Old style Planet Bomber, complete with its moon is in the games logo too!

It genuinely looks like single player will play like one of the SNES titles, which would be fantastic. And it will have a retail release... there hasn't been one for home console since... Gamecube era? (Bomberman Land doesn't count, those were mini games.)

I'm thrilled. I cant wait to see how Konami *beep* it up.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1607s
Index - Back to Top