[Replies: 6]  [Views: 2513]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
http://hackinformer.com/2016/03/07/super-nintendo-vc-titles-leaked/

Some one leaked Japanese SNES games being released on the 3DS Virtual Console (Some of them are already released), and Super Bomberman 3 was included in the list. But since Super Bomberman 3 never got a American release, I doubt the game will make it outside of Japan. :cry: 

I was hoping some of these classic Bomberman games that would be released on VC would help increase the interest in bringing back Bomberman after 5 years of not having a game.

Then again this isn't the first time Bomberman was re-released on a newer console (Some of the PC-Engine Bomberman games made it on the Wii U Virtual Console once again only in Japan).
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Interesting! It's good to see the SFC series getting some love somewhere, at least. And it's true, the Japanese version of Bomberman '94 was released on both the Wii Virtual Console as well as the PlayStation store (PS3 and PSP). Though it should be noted that Bomberman '94 was released under the (comparatively bad) Mega Bomberman port for the Genesis in the west, and the other two Bomberman games on the Wii Virtual Console were also released in the U.S. in the past.

But since SB3 was released in Europe... maybe it will be released here?
Evi
Bombertrainee

Post#3  Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hrmph...!

Plasma Captain wrote:

I certainly hope so! SB3 was what fully got me into Bomberman~

Having it released here would be really nice, but I'll be keeping myself in 'doubt mode' for the time. ;_;
legato
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:22 am  Reply with quote + 
That would be nice. There's no reason why they couldn't. I'll never understand why companies are so hesitant to rerelease older games digitally. I'm sure it takes time and money but it preserves history. It's not like Bomberman is going anywhere else right now. :cry: 
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Interesting! It's good to see the SFC series getting some love somewhere, at least. And it's true, the Japanese version of Bomberman '94 was released on both the Wii Virtual Console as well as the PlayStation store (PS3 and PSP). Though it should be noted that Bomberman '94 was released under the (comparatively bad) Mega Bomberman port for the Genesis in the west, and the other two Bomberman games on the Wii Virtual Console were also released in the U.S. in the past.

Side topic, is it generally accepted that Mega Bomberman is worse than Bomberman '94? I have both and MB is usually my go-to for multiplayer (I love the different character choices). I know that MB doesn't run as smooth, but the TG16 only has two buttons, so remote detonation is the same button as Louie's special. That always bothered me and drove me to just play the Genesis game.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's probably the only advantage Mega has over 94. Mega Bomberman also suffers from a lot of graphical and audio compression due to platform limitations. 94 is much richer aesthetically.
Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not sure if I believe this or not, but I do find Super Bomberman 3 and Super Dragon Ball Z 2 to be the most interesting. The former because it has never been re-released and the latter because it is a licensed title and games of anything but video game origins practically never make it to the Virtual Console (Japan had slightly better luck with the Wii Virtual Console).
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1387s
Index - Back to Top