[Replies: 132]  [Views: 48560]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#121  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:54 am  Reply with quote + 
It's not so much a weird observation as me being wildly ignorant, but I was browsing the Bomberman Wiki, and the article on Peace Town from Bomberman Quest mentioned a dog outside the library. A dog? I don't remember any dog...

You mean, this is a dog?
Well, okay, now that I've zoomed in on it for the first time in my life, I can tell what it's meant to be straight away. It's a cute dog resting its head on its paws! But for the longest time...

I seriously thought it was some abstract creature with a big shell and a blobby Kirby-like body, similar to Coney from Party Edition.The pixel defining its ear being the mouth, the nose forming the arm, and somehow interpreting its entire read end as a shell.
(In my defence, the only living creatures represented by background graphics are the dog and Kepo, and the manual claimed the latter was a statue, so...)
View user profile Send Private Message
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#122  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Totally can see what you mean. It would not surprise me if that dog isn't truly a shape-shifter and we are all being fooled when he "fetches" the stick. In reality, every time he brings us back that dirty piece of wood, we are actually inviting in another vampiric demon into our reality, only able to come in with our flesh as a medium. Noooo...damn you, dog. :(
Board Admin

Post#123  Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I was the one who wrote that article. I used to skim over it while playing, thinking that it was a rock, since it is the same color as the ground. But then I got to looking at it one time, because its tile is only used once, and that's when I noticed what it is.
miru
Bomberbie

Post#124  Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
The hidden profane voices in Atomic Bomberman. Hear Snively and Ren Hoek swear like sailors! Atomic Bomberman itself had this weird, western feel to it, proably because it was western-made.

The fact most Bomberman enemies, except Bagular and the Dastardly Bombers, are one-offs. I would love to have seen Natia again. Speaking of Natia, I wonder if she and the other animal bosses of Hero were under mind control and could have been spared like the other guy.

The fact Bomberman is completely DEAD at this point with absolutely ZERO attempts to save him after the 3DS game went six feet under. I would actually want to save Bomberman. I know that there are thousands of clones of the old Bomberman games, but I want something more story driven like the N64/GCN ones, preferably with Natia again.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#125  Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:44 am  Reply with quote + 
....Is Natia like, the only thing you even care about...?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#126  Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
miru wrote:
The fact most Bomberman enemies, except Bagular and the Dastardly Bombers, are one-offs.

I would not really consider this to be a weird thing. It's quite common in series like this, where story and continuity take a back seat to everything else.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#127  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
So, here's something interesting.

I was watching Gamera for the first time last night, when I saw something that instantly blew my mind. Well, "blew my mind" might be a slightly strong choice of words... But anyway, it turns out that Gamepuku, the mecha-turtle boss that Pretty Bomber rides in Super Bomberman 3, is almost certainly inspired by the titular monster from the film. Gamera has the ability to tuck its head and leg into its shell, then shoot flames from its limb-holes and spin around in order to achieve very quick flight... just like Gamepuku.

I'm sure that I'm not the first foreigner to notice this, but hey, nobody ever told me about it.

For reference, here's a clip from another Gamera movie (not the one that I watched) which demonstrates his spinning flight pattern:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j51XdsXGjFQ

And here's an image of Gamera using its back leg "jets" to propel itself forward, in pretty much the same pose as Gamepuku is in its artwork:

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130812221557/godzilla/images/1/15/Showa_Gamera_Flying.jpg
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#128  Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I imagine a fair bit of stuff in Bomberman is references to famous Japanese cultural icons. We've already spoken about how the Five Fiendish Bombers are likely modeled after Super Sentai, after all. :peace: 
miru
Bomberbie

Post#129  Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
The lessening of diversity andenace of Bomberman designs in the franchise's final years.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#130  Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 am  Reply with quote + 
...The wha?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#131  Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not sure where else to post this, so bumpedy-bump-bump.

Recently, Ragey uncovered some unused graphics in Bomberman GB 2 (known as Bomberman GB in the west; the one with Indy Bomber):

Check them out here!

There's even some stuff that indicates that the final boss rush world may have been different at some point in time...!
legato
Bomberman

Post#132  Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's pretty interesting! Maybe they had to scrap it due to time constraints?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#133  Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
That sounds likely. Or somebody suggested "boss rush" to a room full of weary developers.

I can't really fault them since GB2 is so packed with content; there are practically two full-length games in it. It's like the original Zelda in a way. Not like Super Bomberman 4. There's just no excuse for the fourth SFC game to only have four (ridiculously easy) worlds and a boss rush. No excuse. :annoy: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 7 of 7 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1787s
Index - Back to Top