BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Articles (Keshi Catalogue!)
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:28 am  Reply with quote + 
the way bombs explode in Act Zero is much slower than other Bomberman games, so you have a second or two to get out of the fire if you've been caught in an explosion or trapped. The longer you stand in the fire the more your health bar depletes, it's honestly a brilliant mechanic that I love to pieces. I swear, if that game just had local multiplayer it would've been much more well received, but that's discussion for another time.

The mechanic was also used in Bomberman 2 for DS (Probably my favorite Bomberman game ever, if you couldn't tell by my avatar :cool:  ) but only in the campaign, so while still brilliant, it's not quite the same as it would be in a multiplayer setting.

I love the concept of a health bar in Bomberman, it adds a totally new level of depth for me, and knowing that it was going to be in Bomberman 3DS just makes me hate Konami even more.

You probably won't ever hear another Bomberman fan recommend this game, but Act Zero is worth playing at least once. It's got a lot of issues, sure, but it is at least on par with the Bomberman for NES. So while it's not great, and pretty much every other Bomberman game is better than it, it's still Bomberman, and it's still worth a good hour or two of fun. This video explains the game pretty well, and talks about the life bar system too, so at least watch that if you're never gonna play it. :peace: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyZCagIuRJ0
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1974s
Index - Back to Top