Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Konami delists itself from the New York Stock Exchange
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Actually, the GameIndustry article mentions how Konami removing itself from the NYSE isn't anywhere near as big of a deal as some may initially think.

The article wrote:
Although the removal of Konami's stock from the exchange seems like big news, it's actually a relatively small technical change. Konami's primary listing, unsurprisingly, is on the Tokyo Stock Exchange; up until now, it has also maintained listings in London and New York. In the past year, over 97 per cent of trades in Konami's shares happened in Tokyo. A further 2 per cent were in London. Only 0.3 per cent were in New York. It costs money to maintain a listing on the NYSE; it makes no sense to spend that money in order to support such an insignificant volume of trades. Konami's shares remain traded in Tokyo and London, so it's not remotely the case that the NYSE delisting represents some kind of attempt to take the company private or shelter it from the fallout from recent negative news.

Even with that said though, Konami's gone completely apeshit; and honestly, at this point, who's going to miss them when they inevitably pull out of the video game industry? From the lackluster Castlevania reboot that nobody seemed to really like past the first one (I didn't even like it at all, but I digress) to the lousy treatment of the Silent Hill franchise (I ain't a fan of the franchise, but I feel bad for all of those who are) and all the BS Hideo Kojima and his staff are going through now (you don't just try to remove the guy's name from his nearly 30-year legacy and get away with it). After Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain comes around, I'm done with them; they've become such a joke in recent years. Congrats Konami, you have somehow become a more hated company then even Capcom; have fun with your slot machine shit. See ya, you won't be missed. Hopefully someone else will come around and take better care of their IPs.

Sora G. Silverwind wrote:

Must've seen this picture at least 3 times now and it's still just as hilarious as the first time.

Quote:
I’m more sad for Hudson and the few good developers at Konami than anything.

Just a minor edit to more accurately portray how I feel about the situation, but I'm confident that they will all get by in the industry without Konami (especially Hideo Kojima; guy's name is simply too big to not find a job in the industry).

The one good thing that came out of this is that I became a fan of Super Bunnyhop's videos; guy's so smart and entertaining too.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1470s
Index - Back to Top