Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: An Opportunity to get Bomberman in Smash Bros
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
I get the feeling that Vent doesn't really understand what I'm saying.

I already stated much earlier that it makes sense for K. Rool to be a part of the roster, and that it is incredibly likely that he will be. That was never a part of my argument.

All I was saying is that I think he's a dumb character.

Does he need to be intimidating? No. Does he need to be funny? No. You're missing my point.

My point is that, if you're going to have a villain, it needs to be... something. If I encounter the main villain of a game, I should feel something toward it, even if it's just superficial. When playing a Donkey Kong game, I feel nothing about K. Rool except that he's a dumb and ugly-looking character.

It's fine to have a dumb villain, but I'm not talking about his personality here. I'm saying that his entire existence is dumb.

Motivations don't need to be complex so long as they make some kind of sense. Bomberman tries to save his planet, save the galaxy, rescue innocent creatures, stereotypical stuff. That's fine (Also, he's a silent protagonist - I find it kind of funny that you brought him into the argument when you've earlier asserted that you prefer video game protagonists to be blank slates for the player to project upon). K. Rool steals bananas because... he's a douchebag? Why? It is stated that he doesn't even like or need them. Is his motivation really just that he's an idiot and an asshole?

I could play a Donkey Kong Country game without K. Rool even existing in the game and the experience would feel just the same. That's what I'm trying to say. Don't take so much offense, man.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1324s
Index - Back to Top