BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: The hardest multiplayer bomberman?
berrybob
Bombertrainee

Post#18  Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
B.H wrote:
Bomberman Blitz for the DSi had some really good AI. They were tricky on lower levels.

Not really, on very easy they killed themselves quite often. On Easy, well, it's easy to trap them because they don't kick bombs.

The Normal and Hard computers are quite smart, but they are way too defensive. Put 9 minutes and no sudden death and you will see many, many draws. You will only see a victor if you put sudden death. This isn't awesome, but they are smart.

Edit: I have been playing bomberman land 3 (japanese only), and the battle mode is nearly the same as hardball´s.

I found too (in hardball) that the computer likes to get items that are near, but if you are near a item, the computer tries to explode your item or trap you.

The computer likes to kick bombs and it stops in a way that it explodes soft blocks or other players. It´s really smart!

Also, the computer never gets bad items, except if it´s in danger and stuck with a dead end or bombs.

Edit 2: New discovery: the computer players seems to use items differently depending on it´s game.

Bomberman DS/Land Touch 1: They only kick or punch to get out of a dead end. They doesn´t use other items.

Land Touch 2/Blitz/Story DS Battle mode/2 DS battle mode: They uses every item in the game. Unlike the older Land Touch 1 and old DS, they do kick bombs for attacking and throw bombs. But they are perfect dodgers on normal/hard difficulty and very rarely they kill themselves.

Super Bomberman 5: They uses every item in the game. And a lot! They uses many good patterns that i think they are the smartest item-user AI.

Hardball: They are good as Super Bomberman 5, but they are faster than that game. And they are skilled Kick Bomb Stoppers. But they aren´t the smartest because they are very stupid if one gets the Power Bomb. Still they are much harder than any other game. And you can remove Power Bomb if you want to.

Bomberman 93: They just wander around and put bombs to destroy any nearby soft block, without trapping itself. But they still wander around near the bomb until miliseconds before exploding. If they find a Bomberman, they just run to that bomberman and put bombs near him. The stupidiest AI because they kill themselves a lot. Also, on Conveyor belt stage, if they put bombs in that belt, they often kill themselves.

I´m going to make a ranking. From best to worst.

Bomberman AI Ranking:
1-Bomberman Hardball/Land 3
2-Super Bomberman 5
3-Bomberman Blast
4-Bomberman Blitz and other similar games.
5-Bomberman Land Touch 1 and DS.
6-Bomberman ´93

To make the game better, if you can edit items from soft blocks, put many different items and remove those that the computer doesn´t use or that the computer becomes stupid with it. I like to remove game breaker items like Remote Bomb or the Spring in Hardball.

Edit 3: I forgot Bomberman Blast. D:

I´m going to add it on the ranking above. And i´m going to tell how the AI works for that game.

Bomberman Blast: They seems to play more humanly and makes mistakes more frequently, but reacts fast, like a normal human player does. They seems to use items well, but does not attack the opponents well like hardball does, because they make mistakes often. At least it isn´t too dumb like Bomberman 93, because they correct mistakes.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1382s
Index - Back to Top