Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman 2001 - Cancelled PS2 title that was very different
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
!!! I'm so glad someone else remembers this! This game crept into my head recently, but I couldn't find a lick of information on it anywhere. (looking now, it seems this thread and another one on NeoGAF are the top search results now, haha. make our lives tougher, why doncha? =P)

Sadly, I've got nothing to show. I never saved the page, and I don't remember if I even saw any images back in the day. I want to say I probably read about this on an actual game site, but...
Does anyone know if this game was actually covered on any news sites at the time? Or, like, anywhere? It's really difficult finding another source that even mentions the game; the best I can find are these Japanese pages, one on proposed PS2 releases in 2000/2001, and one on unreleased games (though it claims Bomberman 2001 mutated into Bomberman Jetters). Where they got their info from, I'd like to know.
Hudson's site makes no mention of it (E3 isn't even mentioned on its news in 2000 page!), and I can't find any E3 2000 reports that even mention Hudson's presence - though I've only glanced through IGN on the Internet Archive, I'll need to look elsewhere.
Unless it was mentioned in any magazines at the time, the only physical evidence that would confirm the game's existence is Hudson's E3 2000 flyer... and how the hell you'd get that nowadays is beyond me. Anyone wanna pester Video Game Ephemera?

If you're going to ask further, Lost Levels might be worth a bash. Personally, I can't help but wonder if the page was a joke that somehow fooled people even in Japan; I mean, that's gotta be why there's no leads, right?
(sorry for being a pessimist!)
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1524s
Index - Back to Top