Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Sora's Art Stuff
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#252  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
But I guess I don't really know much about Max' background in the normal game canon. He's just sort of there, in my eyes.

He really doesn't have much of one in canon, as far as I can tell, so I'd have to agree with you on the "he's just sort of there" comments. I'm quite frankly surprised that he lasted as long as he did, since his design is so jarringly different from that of damn near everything else in Bomberverse (though the difference is not quite as stark in BMJ), but maybe that distinctiveness is exactly why he managed to garner a spot in multiple games. The guy had a quasi-cameo in Bomberman DS 2, for crying out loud!

Anyway. The closest we get to finding out about Max's background in the games is in Bomberman Tournament/Story, where it's suggested that he's originally from Phantarion, but that doesn't make much sense to me from a superficial standpoint and it's never expanded on. (Not that that stopped me from trying to work with it once upon a time.) Beyond that, he apparently works alongside Bomberman at Bomber Base as a friendly rival of some sort. The most personality he ever gets is in Bomberman Generation, where he appears for a handful of lines at the beginning and then pops up sporadically afterwards if you collect enough Lightning Cards and fail hard enough against the bosses. (My memory tells me that he gets slightly more dialogue in Tournament, but Generation seems more indicative of what his character type is.)

And I was being rather facetious with the "gamebreaker" comments. It would probably be more accurate to say that technically Regulus should have one of the most gamebreaking powers ever (witness all my hairpulling at trying to get his powers to work within the more "realistic" context of Fateful Meetings), but TSA's game engine nerfs it to being mostly impractical...though not as impractical as the BMJ game's Hyper Plasma Bomb, I agree. If I recall correctly, it doesn't even do any damage against the game's bosses, ffs.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2033s
Index - Back to Top