Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Game Help
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: BM Max 1 hidden Charaboms?
Gomess
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey again folks, been a while! I'm back to ask another question about something weird in a 90s Bomberman game. :peace: 

I'm not actually much of a gamer, but I *have* to complete games 100% when I play them. I have to find EVERYTHING, or at least see evidence of it. Imagine my surprise when I found out my Charabom list in Blue Champion / Red Challenger wasn't as 'full' as it appeared... Reading Japanese Wikipedia as all the hip kids love to do, I came across these names:

Aqua Dragon
Pommy Dragon
Thunder Kong
Thunder Shark
Rock Snake
Fire Force
Shardra
Ox Battler
Heat Rock
Takkong

According to The Cutting Room Floor, Heat Rock and "Oct Kong" at the end are unimplemented code still hackable with a cheat device, like Max 2's Elemouse and Flyshark. Several cheat sites have Shardra and "Ox Battra"(?!) listed as winnable in the hidden bonus game where you have to point a remote at your GBC, while the first six on the list are apparently the product of merging other Charaboms.

Seeing as I don't have access to my hard copy of Blue Champion, and no emulator seems equipped to replicate the GBC's infrared port - correct me if I'm wrong - I just wanted to ask if any of you guys had screenshots of the first eight on the list to sate my curiosity? Of course if there are IR-capable emulators out there, give me a name and I'll contribute screenshots of the buggers to BM Wiki myself!

It's just weird how little information there is on these guys online. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong transliteration of the names, but it really seems to be the one element of a Bomberman game no fan has cared to document!
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Game Help All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1667s
Index - Back to Top