Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#428  Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I recently made a few ebay purchases. I now have each installment of the Bomberman franchise for SNES/SFC (no duplicates).

One of these purchases was Bomberman B-Daman, of which there has been, to my knowledge, limited info. So, I extensively photographed and scanned the contents.

Within the zip, I've included several photographs of the "Limited B-Daman" and the box, and scans of the manual, B-Daman figurine instructions, and advertisements (I don't remember having scanned any of those before, so why not).

Interestingly, the B-Daman's head seems to be filled with a kind of metallic shimmering paper, to give it a bit of a shiny look.

Also, because I just know that you've all been losing sleep for years, wondering who the professor guy and the yellow-bandana-guy from the game are, the manual reveals these things. The bandana guy is Metsuseji, the "Master Advice King" (マスター攻略王メツセージ), and the professor is Dr. Tamano, head of the All-Japan B-Daman Association research institution (JBA研究所所長Dr.多摩野). Surprisingly, Metsuseji is represented by multiple photographs of an actual person, though I don't know anything about the character.

I have yet to fully transcribe/OCR and translate the text, but you can look at all of the pretty pictures by downloading the zip file here.

The other two things that I bought were Super Bomberman - Panic Bomber W, which has already been scanned, and Bomberman Panic Bomber for the Turbo Duo:

It's still factory sealed, though, so I'm not sure if I want to open it... Although the seller had multiple factory-sealed copies, and it's not like I'm going to sell it, so I might do it anyway. I kind of want to read the manual.

EDIT: I have the manual transcribed, but as I'm working on translating it, I've noticed some errors in my transcription, so I'm not posting it yet.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1793s
Index - Back to Top