Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Post a Pic (part 2)
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#271  Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Nice! I love Nausicaa. I'd say it is my favorite of all of Miyazaki's works I've seen so far. It was one of the first manga I read too.

That's great though Dragon! 45 pounds in just a few months?
I'd bet you'll have no problem reaching your goals then, but I wish you the best of luck anyway!

A cookbook sounds like a fun project too. I've never been much of a cook though. Most meals I make are pre-made or sandwiches! lol.

Good to hear from ya! I know I've been pretty content lately. Better then last year so far. I just got back from Anime Boston a couple weeks ago and I'm planning to try for Otakon in Baltimore as well this coming August.

They've got some ridiculous guests lined up including Yoko Kanno!

That's pretty cool. I have yet to go any conventions. Someday. Not sure what kind. I have friends trying to get me to do that SCA type stuff since I want to learn to fire a set of Colt pistols like a gunslinger, while still going crazy with axes, throwing knives, and tomahawks, etc. I mean, I'd do it all, including jousting on horseback with training if they let me and weren't too scared I'd really kill them. ;) I'm kind of like a viking. hahaha

I hear you there on the last year. I was in a bad way for a year and a half or so. Losing 4 people who were important to you was amazingly hard. I was depressed more than usual, and I mean, real bad. Bad thoughts. Bad thoughts. lol I am better now and have a new direction in life. I will not settle for any less than I deserve. Happiness.

My first "anime" if you do not count Voltron, which we totally should, was Hans Christian Anderson's アンデルセン童話 にんぎょ姫 Anderusen Dōwa Ningyo hime, directed by Tomoharu Katsumata, released in 1975, and from Toei Animation. I always loved how they stayed more true to the original story. Marina did not have a happy ending, as it were. :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Christian_Andersen's_The_Little_Mermaid

My second anime (or third if you count Voltron), was Nausica. It was a true experience because it layered up the effect the Mermaid one had had, but added the end of the world sort of edge to it, with crazy awesome music, nature, and at the time I wondered if the gal was wearing Unterwäsche. I actually used clips I took from our VHS tape, specifically around when she is flying and it looks like she is wearing keine Unterwäsche (censorship lulz), and made my first and only AMV edit, using just VCRs and a CD player. Bad quality but I felt awesome! I set the clip to Tracy Bonham's "Mother Mother", which I thought was fitting for a girl with no underpants given the lyrics in that song. :) If I ever get around to it, I'll make a remixed edition. :P haha
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1818s
Index - Back to Top