BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#182  Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey guys.

Long overdue anime post!

I had a very weak winter season but here goes....

~Winter 2012 Results~

Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan"
Amusing series of shorts where Kana Asumi plays an Osakan sister with a weird way of thinking. I thought it was funny and I like the actress and her character. Animation is almost non-existent flash though. It is not a pretty show.

Tamako Market
Kyo-Ani fluff show with cute characters. Enjoyed it because it appeals to my tastes. The oddball bird character is hit or miss with people. I thought he provided some good laughs to the show. Without him it would've just been moe' fluff so the dash of comedy helped keep it interesting! Loved the ED song too.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Last season's Shaft show. Starts off WEIRD but interesting. About halfway through it loses a lot of steam and the ending wasn't too satisfying to me but it was an okay show. I love Shaft's bizarre styling. Kana Asumi was the lead character in this show too. I hear her a lot lately which is great, but it might become troublesome to hear her in almost every show I watch.... lol

I had started Psycho-Pass and it's been stalled long term after 6 episodes. No idea when I'll get around to it.

I've also badly stalled Pet Girl of Sakurasou.
I liked the first season well enough but the 2nd half wasn't appealing to me much. I still want to finish it but I haven't been able to motivate myself.

Now onto.....
~Spring 2013~

My Little Sister Can`t Be This Cute 2
Oh yeah! Been waiting for this awhile. Enjoyed the first season and I'm liking this one so far! Good laughs and interesting episodes. Best part is the supporting characters. I just hope Kuroneko will get a lot of focus in the 2nd half of the season. Best girl...

Muromi-San on the Shore
Picked this one up randomly. Show starts off hilarious and has continued to be pretty good so far. It's basically a slapstick comedy about a guy that always goes fishing at a dock and catches a mermaid who in turn starts hanging around him all the time and making his life chaotic. Lots of funny side characters too. Opening song is also great. Episodes are only 15 minutes each. A weekly pleasure!

Yuyushiki
A friends recommendation for me. Slice o life girls school comedy. I've seen tons of these. It's funny and pretty similar to Yuru Yuri. 2 of the same VAs lol. Not much happens in this show so it's probably just for fans of the genre.

I'm also still watching the on-going Chibi Devi. Just watched the 50th episode this week.... I had no idea it was gonna be this long when I started it over a year ago. Ouch...

Also working a a shorts series called Cyclops Shoujo Saipu!
Nothing special...

Still might add a few more shows as the season goes on. We'll see how things go.

So that's what I've been up to seasonally. Other then that have watched some enjoyable stuff as,
~Side Projects~

Silver Fang
Holy cow! This show was awesome! One of the best shows I've seen in a looong time.

It's an old show from the 80's its about a small dog that becomes a bear hunting dog after watching his father get killed by a bear. He's out for revenge and gathers an army of dogs from across the country to defeat the bear and his allies. Totally awesome cast and characters. Ridiculously good soundtrack, Epic fight scenes that are violent, Lots of manly spirit... very addicting! I watched the 21 episodes in 3 sittings that flew by.

If anyone checks it out I'd only mention 2 quick things. It's kind of ridiculous so be ready for some over the top ridiculous awesome action and keep in mind that the show is over 25 years old, and it looks it.

Wolf Children
Great film about a mother forced to raise her "special" children on her own. Packs an emotional punch. Loved this one.

Also watched the somewhat new Makoto Shinkai film Children who chase lost voices
It was pretty good but I prefer his depressing romantic dramas. This feel a lot like a Studio Ghibli movie so it's easy to enjoy.

Almost missed your edit Hein! lol

I loved Kanon. It is indeed a beautiful show. Fantastic story. Gorgeous animation.

What was your favorite arc/arcs? My favorites were Shiori and Ayu. Shiori arc was my favorite and Ayu was my favorite character. I'd put Makoto's arc at 3rd favorite. They were all great though.

I still gotta tackle Air and Clannad this year too.

In other news I'll be going to anime Boston in about a week for the weekend so I'm sure I'll come home with more new stuff to watch!

And hopefully a few cute figures! Ha ha

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1811s
Index - Back to Top