BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Could We Potentially Start a Bomberman Role Play?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Thank you for your quick and courteous reply Darkfire. It seems you understand my point of view quite well.

It makes it all the easier to resist any minor temptations that may come along... ha ha.

I do like your reference about people that force themselves. I understand it completely and have seen it before a few times in the past.

Quote:
Would this be something I'd be possible of remembering? Judging by your choice of words, probably not.

My interest in RP and Fanfics were before your time here. If you're interested for your own fun/research purposes to see some of it, you can certainly PM me. Some of my artsy posts can be found in the related sub-forum a few pages down though.

Quote:
I wouldn't want to ever attempt an idea like the one SpazzyRooey suggested in the chat, where we allow people to just create a new RP thread and idea whenever they want to or whenever they got a new and exciting idea. Anyone whose been here for a while knows the forum just lacks the proper support for such an idea. There are a number of problems with that idea that I'd prefer not to get into unless necessary.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said so far about how to go about it. Splitting the RP section would not work well. There's not enough support to hold together both a serious and a silly RP, but my whole point was that I don't think the two sides will band together for greater progress either.

If you guys want to surprise me that would be great. I'd still like to see what you can do!

But, I think the discussion between you and Rooey was enough for me to see that the ideas were too conflicting to succeed as a team.

Quote:
As far as business goes, my schedule is kind of weird. Though I am quite busy, practically all of my work is nothing that needs to get done any particular day, so long as it gets done. I have no real deadline of any sort, at least not a strict one in any sense of the word. There's no one breathing down my neck to get work done aside from maybe my mom but I know how to deal with her. Really, it's all this that allows me to be very flexible about my schedule, being very busy yet at the same time, always available.

What people decide to spend their time on is their own business.
What I think is important is whether or not they enjoyed the time they spent. So even if the project got off the ground and collapsed half-way through maybe it would inspire the few that remained to push their own ideas and make something of their own as an aftermath. Even if they don't do as much as that afterwords, if they were happy with what was accomplished, how is it wasted time? (I'm only speaking for those that would push that point. You seem to be avoiding that conclusion overall.)

Quote:
Hopefully so. But that may just be naive optimism. I really have no idea anymore. Perspective, I guess.

Ha, ha. Well my last few sentences were meant as happy encouragement but it seems you saw through it quite easily!

All my praise for you guys was quite real though.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1297s
Index - Back to Top