BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Could We Potentially Start a Bomberman Role Play?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Wow, I read through most of that mountain of 3000+ chat messages (quite an undertaking) and saw I was mentioned once or twice.

Oh yeah, I hope you enjoyed us just screwing around in there.

Regulus 777 wrote:
I figured I'd let you know that I wouldn't be very interested in taking part in any kind of RP.

A shame really, but I can't force you and I don't think it's even possible to force yourself to truly change how you feel about something.

In my own experience, it's better to see someone go than watch them constantly try and cling to something like an RP when they really don't want to. I remember seeing lazy posts of one, maybe two lines of text from this one person before he left this Dungeon Keeper forum RP. It was hilarious and sad that the summaries we had at the end of every post were longer than his actual posts. Frankly, I'm glad he left when he did rather than stick around to make such effortless posts.

But that just goes to show that sometimes it's important to know to let things go for the sake of everyone else. If you feel you wouldn't be interested, don't force yourself to take part. I'm fine with that decision.

Regulus 777 wrote:
Though I've shown interested in creating RP and Fan-fiction/art way in the past (for anyone that might remember that, ha ha) it's something I'm not interested in anymore from the creation aspect.

Would this be something I'd be possible of remembering? Judging by your choice of words, probably not.

I definitely know how you can lose interest in RPing from a creation aspect. As both a GM and a writer who focuses on story, I know of the differences between creating a story where every character is controlled by someone different and when you ultimately control every character's actions. Of course, a lot of things depend on the type of story and RP we have going, but nevertheless, I think you get what I mean when I say I understand that creating and participating in an RP has its own very unique feel to it. So it's possible to get tired of an RP without losing the desire to make any traditional story.

Regulus 777 wrote:
My talents are weak and I don't like being judged personally, but all the same i did enjoy seeing what people had to say about my work (thus part of why I made it back then) the same as I like seeing what people say about others. But it's like I'm always seeing things from a 3rd person perspective to me. It's hard to explain. I don't take much people say to heart, but I find varying opinions interesting to read. My personal thoughts on matters can vary greatly and I don't feel a need to get in heated arguments with people that disagree with me. So I calmly withdraw from any discussion that turns hostile.

Yeah, I see what you mean, by that last bit especially. I've seen a large range of people come through and pass by in my RPing experience. Some people are limited in their ability to understand perspective, believing certain things to be absolute. Just because a character has found justification within their own mind doesn't make them correct absolutely, nor does it necessarily mean the creator holds the same perspective. Others, however, don't realize this, and this is how arguments start.

Personally, I have difficulty when I find that a character's reasoning doesn't even make as much sense from even their own mind or within the circumstances. Like the creator is making up an excuse to get them to perform a certain action while trying to stay in character. But that's something different and I feel I shouldn't get too far into that now.

Regulus 777 wrote:
From my perspective of our forum and its members though... honestly
I don't see you having a very strong foundation of input on a project like this. I think of those of you that can really create cool stories/characters/backgrounds and such, most of you seem too busy to really commit to this where it would proceed at a healthy rate. And those of you that are willing to take part most heavily I can see having very conflicting ideas on how to go about it and what the project will be all about.

Yeah, I'm aware of the activity problem, as you would know from reading the chat messages. But to be honest, I just want to at least try it to see how far I can take things. The Dungeon Keeper RP I mentioned is also very quiet with only a handful of participants, and even fewer that are actively committed.

But due to it being very small, it's difficult to keep things active. I've seen a few other forums from time to time that are much more active and support a larger RP section, but I knew that if you tried that kind of management with a quiet place like Keeper Klan or even more so like BombermanBoard, everything would just flop over and die in a big (or small?) mess. You need to change your tactics and adapt to allow it to survive. You have less resources to utilize, and that makes things difficult. Yet, somehow that Dungeon Keeper RP has kept going. It seems like I've been the life of it since even before I became GM, but nevertheless...

I wouldn't want to ever attempt an idea like the one SpazzyRooey suggested in the chat, where we allow people to just create a new RP thread and idea whenever they want to or whenever they got a new and exciting idea. Anyone whose been here for a while knows the forum just lacks the proper support for such an idea. There are a number of problems with that idea that I'd prefer not to get into unless necessary.

No, we'd have to keep things small. We should probably keep it to one RP at any given time, or perhaps for all time if that first RP ends up being "successful" in some way, shape or form. That's probably the best chance at keeping it within a healthy state.

Naturally, there should be a GM of some kind to manage the story and rules and all that to prevent it from falling into chaos through disputes. Someone who has experience with handling smaller RPs. Someone who has experience with the creation of stories, characters, and with the knowledge required to keep everything reasonably and efficiently flexible. Someone young, handsome, and sexy. Someone whose username begins with "DarkFire" and ends with "4114".

As far as business goes, my schedule is kind of weird. Though I am quite busy, practically all of my work is nothing that needs to get done any particular day, so long as it gets done. I have no real deadline of any sort, at least not a strict one in any sense of the word. There's no one breathing down my neck to get work done aside from maybe my mom but I know how to deal with her. Really, it's all this that allows me to be very flexible about my schedule, being very busy yet at the same time, always available.

Regulus 777 wrote:
I am... For the most part, merely an observer here, and I've been here a looooong time and enjoy watching what you all do and interacting when appropriate. So, though I am certainly acknowledged and recognized by everyone here, my presence can seem weak.

Yeah, you have been here for a very long time. You old, old person you.

Regulus 777 wrote:
So yeah..... I've gone off on quite a tangent here and i apologize for filling your thread's 2nd post with my rantings.

Rantings? I took none of it as such!

Regulus 777 wrote:
If you get some committed people on board and you can all get the ball rolling without banging heads too much I'll be interested to see what you all do from my comfortable front row seat!

Hopefully so. But that may just be naive optimism. I really have no idea anymore. Perspective, I guess.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1838s
Index - Back to Top