Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Pre-DCC: WarioMan 64
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Chapter 2: The ruins of the Green Garden

DISCLAIMER: Mega Man (c) Capcom

[Stage BGM: Green Garden (Bomberman 64)]

Diamond City was under attack for the first time in nearly 5 years since the Alien Wars. This time, however, a sinister being named Altair was calling the shots. Meanwhile, a mysterious warrior named Sirius flew by to tell us the situation, because - as he said, "he had a bone to pick with them." Later, we all got onboard the Puffy tour bus, which Kaz transformed into a plane. Afterwards, we got off at our first destination, which resembled an ancient ruin. Ami and I were able to recognize it, but we couldn't even recall its name, for the strange ray suddenly took away our memories from out of nowhere. It was as if someone, or something, intended to prevent us from remembering all of what happened in Bomberman 64. Either way, we had no choice but to press on. Seconds later, we met Sirius again.

"Hi!" he greeted, as he noticed Ami and Yumi's Bomberman Watches. "I'm here to help...and I see that you girls have the power of Bomberman. I'll show you how to use-"

"I believe we already know how to use these things," Ami interrupted, "because Dr. Crygor taught us how to use it before we took off."

Sirius stopped what he was going to say before Ami spoke up. "Okay, as long as you've gotten this taken care of. Oh, and watch out for Draco the dragon at the end of this world. He's no pushover; they don't call him the Winged Guardian for nothing."

Mona replied, "I see...but anyway, I want to ask you something. Somebody did something to our memories with that strange ray - who did it?"

At that point, Sirius paused for a moment, and looked at the ground before facing us again. "Oh, that? Well...uh...that was one of Altair's robot spies who did it, while disguised as an average joe. Apparently, he's become extremely paranoid of people who would eventually know what he's up to. In fact, it seems that he's well-aware of my presence on your world, so he must've sent that robot to make certain nobody ever remembered what I told them - in that case, you guys. Luckily, I caught that spy doing...well, just that to you. He sure was a handful...but I managed to beat him into submission before he could steal other people's memories anymore. Anyhow, my name is Sirius - a name you all should remember! Don't forget: to destroy the anchor, you must kill Draco!"

With that, Sirius opened his wings and flew off. Due to the sudden amnesia curse, I tried what I could to remember what we were told just now. "Draco...Draco...where have I heard that name before? Oh yes! I think I remember where we are now! We're in the Green Garden! Now...if I recall from Bomberman 64, I think we have to find four switches to deactivate the barrier which blocks the exit to our next destination. Let's split up."

Ami acknowledged, "Got it! I'm coming with you, Aaron."

Bill and Lance stepped forth to assist the two of us. "Lance and I will help out." Lance, on the other hand, glanced over to Yumi. "Will you be alright, Yumi?"

"Of course!" said Yumi gleefully. "I've been through worse."

--------------------

We then split up and did as I suggested. On our way, Sirius taught me and Ami a little more on how to use bombs, as well as pump them up - despite that I don't even have a Bomberman Watch to begin with.

"Nice!" Ami beamed excitedly. "My bombs are as big as a bowling ball!"

"Aren't they always that size in the Bomberman games?" I asked. "...Well, at least that's what I recall."

[Interrupt BGM]

Afterwards, we deactivated the barrier, and reached the exit at the red gem to an arena, where Sirius appeared again. "Now, let's see how strong you've become!"

Wario scratched his big pink nose. "You're not gonna kill us, are you?"

In response, Sirius raised his hands at waist level. "Look, don't worry. I'm not gonna kill you guys. I'm only testing you to see if you're worthy of getting rid of Altair. Now, come at me!"

During the fight, Sirius closed his wings and took it easy on us. The blast range on his bombs were weak, and yet he was able to pump one up while holding it. Either way, he just walked around slowly, giving us the upper-hand on pummeling him. Wario picked him up, and threw him off the arena with a Mega Toss.

"There!" said Wario. "Now that's how you win a battle, fellas!"

Sirius, however, jumped out of the water and flew back towards us. "Ugh..." he said, as he got some water off himself. "Better than I expected. Keep fighting like that, and you should be able to defeat them. Good luck!"

[Resume Stage BGM]

Before he could fly away, Ami stopped him. "Wait! There's something I need to ask you, Sirius. What's the Omni Cube?"

"Yeah." I followed up. "We can recognize its name, but somehow, we just can't remember what it does..."

Sirius pondered momentarily. "Well, now that you mention it...you see, the Omni Cube is said to possess supernatural powers advanced beyond your home planet's technology. Altair did find it, but for some reason, he doesn't completely know how to use it. Let's just say that you're all lucky his sheer incompetence is helping you - and you should be thankful! Our paths will cross again..." With that, he took off once more, while a portal appeared at the center of the arena.

--------------------

Since we came here from Green Garden's exterior, we safely assumed the portal would take us to the interior. Upon our arrival, we found the blue gem only to have it stolen by a bird-like creature. As we chased it back to the exterior, Yumi was swinging her guitar at it like a maniac, shouting, "Get back here, you stupid bird!" When we got outside, the bird carried the blue gem to the rooftop, but Sirius knocked it out, dropping the gem in the process. We were free to get to the gem to teleport to the boss arena...

"We just gotta take the elevator to the top, so we can get to Draco the Winged Guardian..." Before I could finish my sentence, four mysterious robots appeared from out of nowhere in front of us.

[End BGM]
[Fight BGM: Boss (Mega Man 3)]

"Can't let you do that, kiddo!" said a red robot with a yellow boomerang attached to his forehead.

"We are the Robot Masters," said a purple robot equipped with heavy artillery, "rescued from the junk heap by Altair and reprogrammed to work for him! He ordered us to take you down!"

I was shocked at the sight of seeing the four recognizable robots. "I don't recall Altair having four of Dr. Wily's Robot Masters from the Mega Man games..."

"Me neither!" said Ami. "Quick Man, Napalm Man, Dust Man, and even Needle Man!"

Dust Man, the blue robot with a vacuum-like attachment atop his head, spoke up. "There's an old saying: 'expect the unexpected.' I'll blast you losers with my Dust Crusher!"

"Besides," said Needle Man, with his Needle Cannon at the ready, "what's wrong with having more than 3 subordinates at our boss's side? He'll reward us and our original creator well for destroying you!"

"No matter how tough you are," retorted Bill, "we'll take you down, because bad guys always lose!"

While Lance nodded in agreement, Dust Man and Quick Man rebuffed us. "Silence, mister-macho-man! We'll be rich by the time we kill you! DIE!"

We were now forced to fight the Robot Masters. Even though it was 5 against 4, they were too strong for us. Dust Man dragged us closer with his vacuum head, while his other comrades pummeled us. Quick Man used his Quick Boomerangs, while Napalm Man blasted us with his Napalm Bombs. Just as they surrounded us for a finishing blow, with Needle Man ready to impale us, something unexpected happened. Two figures that ran in a blur sliced the robots, weakening them. Wario could tell who those two were: Kat and Ana.

"Impossible...nobody was supposed to be faster than me!" cried Quick Man. "But we'll be back - you just wait and see!"

Needle Man glared at us, ranting, "Artemis, Orion, and Regulus will make you sorry you crossed us!" With that, the defeated Robot Masters retreated.

[End BGM]

"Kat? Ana?" said Lance. "You two saved us..."

Kat and Ana eyed him, Bill, Ami, and me. "Now you four Contras know that we're ninjas."

At this, we got up and told Kat what she just said. "Kat, I think you've just given us an idea on what we can call ourselves!" I said.

Ami agreed, "Yeah. Bill and Lance are the actual Contra guys who defeated Red Falcon 5 years back; whereas Aaron and I play the Contra games as them. Well, mostly Contra III: The Alien Wars amongst the others, but still!"

"That's cool." smiled Ana. "But anyway, Kat and I are coming with you guys whether you want us to or not! We fought Boneheadz the skeletal demon back then."

"Okay, okay." said Bill. "We'll let you in this time, but don't go dying on us, alright?"

--------------------

After our encounter with the reprogrammed Robot Masters, as well as a reunion with Kat and Ana, Ami and Yumi's Bomberman Watches beeped a few times before shutting off. That's when Dr. Crygor was right all along: the watches were not yet programmed for unlimited time. In other words, we'll have to cope without the cartoon bombs for the next 15 minutes. Either way. we climbed to the top of the ruins via stone-like elevators (courtesy of Wario, having used some of his Bob-ombs to get us up), and reached the blue gem at the rooftop. Upon touching it, we were teleported high above the ruins, where Draco, the dragon-like "Winged Guardian," awaited us.

[Boss BGM: Bloody Storm (Contra III: The Alien Wars)]

"Here he comes!" Wario shouted, as Draco flew in to screech at us.

"But how can we beat him?" exclaimed Mona. "Without Ami and Yumi's Bomberman powers, we're just sitting ducks!"

"Then we'll just have to fight him, Contra-style." said Lance, as he and Bill readied their machine guns.

Kat suggested, "Maybe we can help out with our shurikens while the rest of you distract him."

"Hmmm...I never thought about this." said Yumi. "But it would've been better if our stupid watches didn't expire on us! Well, only one thing to do!"

Throughout the battle, Draco spewed fire from his mouth in an attempt to fry us. We merely side-stepped out of the way; Kat and Ana threw their shurikens at the blue dragon. Bill and Lance, on the other hand, followed up with their machine guns. Next, Yumi took out her guitar, and played a couple of loud notes, causing Draco to screech in pain. That stunned him, and he fell down next to us. We were free to pummel him until he woke up. The dragon then attempted to bite our heads off, but Kat and Ana sliced him, and Wario finished him off with another of his Bob-ombs. Upon the blue dragon's defeat, Draco started burning up, and finally died down.

[End BGM]

"Somehow..." pondered Mona, "we beat him."

"And without the need of the Spread Gun or any other special weapons." said Bill, wiping some sweat from his hair. Meanwhile, there was a sudden explosion on the anchor that connected the Green Garden to the Black Fortress. Apparently, defeating a world's guardian also blows up one of the four anchors hooked to the Black Fortress. Later, we returned to the Puffy bus, but we had to devise a plan if we are to succeed in taking down the force field to the Black Fortress, let alone get our memories of Bomberman 64 back...

--------------------

Meanwhile, at the Black Fortress, Altair was displeased to hear the Robot Masters' report on their defeat. Despite bringing up the fact that Kat and Ana jumped in at the last second, he took that as an excuse. "You morons had better NOT fail me again!" he yelled. "And I don't care who kills those fools, for I want them dealt with! I've already sent Artemis, Orion, and Regulus of the Masked Trio to find them, and you are going to assist them! Needle Man, you go to the Blue Resort! Quick Man, I want you to oversee the Red Mountain alongside Orion, and check for anything suspicious! And as for the rest of you..." Altair paused for a moment, eyeing Napalm Man and Dust Man. "Go to the White Glacier! I don't care if it's freezing out there!"

With that, the reprogrammed Robot Masters teleported out to their assigned posts.

TO BE CONTINUED...

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1583s
Index - Back to Top