BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#420  Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry to dig this up, but...
Shiro wrote:
the reason Pretty Bomber has a human head at all is because, at the time of Super Bomberman 2, she appeared prominently in many commercials, played by actress Haruka Sawaguchi; she also had a single as Pretty Bomber, Mr. B Bee, as well as several promotional videos. Miss Honey was created from this persona

This last passage is not clear to me. Was Honey the character from Tengai Makyou and Momotaro Densetsu derived from ads of this actress impersonating an entirely different character (Pretty Bomber)? How?
Did they gradually change her look in the ads until she was no longer recognizable as Pretty Bomber? Or What?

Shiro wrote:
in the Japanese fandom, they say Pretty Bomber is a brainwashed and remodeled Miss Honey.

Mh... but only in fanon right? To all official sources they were always separate characters I take it.

Shiro wrote:
Haruka Sawaguchi played Miss Honey at first, but the role later switched to Takahashi Chiyomi

I assume the one on the left is the previous actress introducing the new one on the right, is that correct?

Shiro wrote:
the change is actresses is likely the reason she looks different in later incarnations

Do we have before-after artworks of the character?

plasm wrote:
This translation is dedicated to the memory of David "MakoKnight" Mullen, the man who brought us a translated version of this game.
I'm also dedicating this to my good friend Duke Serkol, who also took part in that project.

Muchly appreciated :veryhappy: 

Grendor wrote:
Ah sod, the manga file link is dead.

The SBMan1?Yeah I can confirm it's dead. Was about to report it myself.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1388s
Index - Back to Top