Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Any interest in the Wii U?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#37  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am  Reply with quote + 
(The topic is the wiiu, any of it's games would be on topic, at least for here) I've not played NSMB2, my comparison would have to be NSMB and NSMB wii, which I enjoyed both of, but really, from the looks of it NSMB Wii, NSMB 2, and NSMB WiiU from a game-play perspective are almost identical, meaning each release is pretty much going to feel like a level pack to me, which I'm not sure is tolerable with this many releases in such a short period. Graphically, the WiiU version does look a bit nicer though.

Other games with similar release times (like, the entire Donkey Kong Country series) shows that you can certainly have games with very similar to identical systems that felt like different games (thanks to things like music and art direction, changing minor things). The NSMB series doesn't really. If we're going to be releasing the same game frequently, I'd like either a fair bit of content (NSMB games are comparable in length to Mario 3, but still seems shorter and less interesting then world, that said, 3d Mario games have much more content, for the same price, where is our world like game, with tons of secrets and branching level paths). I will get the new NSMB game, but I'm becoming a tad disappointed in their current development path. Luckily their level design is still good... but we'll see how long they can keep that interesting.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1552s
Index - Back to Top