Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Hello everyone.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#37  Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
There's quite a bit that's been talked about in this topic, but first off though a bit late..

Welcome to the community, hope you're enjoying your stay with us.

Thanks. I'm definitely enjoying the site.

Razon wrote:
Activity wise around here we're on and off, it's active during some periods of time and quiet during others. Sometimes when we're not very active on the forum, we could be active on the forum chat instead and likewise. Of course more members always helps, hope that you stick around. You can always catch me in the chat if you ever need anything, or have any questions.

Oh, I'll definitely stick around.

Razon wrote:
If you're interested in the Jetters anime, as others have mentioned it's a worthwhile watch, especially if you're a fan of the series.

The other Bomberman anime was called Bomberman B-Daman Bakugaiden, but it's an older anime from the 90's. It also had a sequel, though a lot of old anime in general has never been subbed, and don't have any decent raws available for them or are missing episodes. There's a few episodes available subbed for it which can be found here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BakugaidenFan

I'll definitely look into the Bomberman animes at some point. Currently, I'm too busy with school to look into it.

Razon wrote:
Now on to the subject of Bomberman games.

Gameplay
I don't mind whether the game is in 2D or 3D, what's most important to me is how the game handles since it's slightly varied across the franchise. In Bomberman Ultra for example from my brief time playing it, the speed would change far too dramatically when you got a speed skate sometimes. Which would cause you to unexpectedly go dashing into an explosion, and the PS3's D-Pad wasn't the easiest to use for moving the character around which only made it worse. The character speed and how the movement handles is one of the most important things, since all of the gameplay revolves around it.

I just find the Bomberman multiplayer gameplay more easy on the eyes in 2D. As for controller preferences, I personally love the PS3 dpad and use my PS3 controller with nearly every PC game I play.

Razon wrote:
Then other things like throw/carry have been slightly different, but they're not too major. I'd prefer that there's just a basic throw that tosses it like punch does, a set amount of grid spaces, and that you can't carry it around before you throw it since that can be relatively cheap.

For multiplayer Bomberman games that allowed players to move while carrying bombs, I think I barely played any of them so I have no preference.

Razon wrote:
For kick I like it when you have to walk against the bomb for a split second before it kicks it, and having the character react and take a moment to kick it is good too. Instead of how it is in most of the games, where if you even brush up against it by a single pixel the bomb gets sent flying. This can result in many accidental kicks, unless you start to make your turn early.

Yeah, I hate it when I accidentally kick a bomb when I didn't want to kick.

Razon wrote:
Special moves I'm not fond of, at least in some of the older games. The same goes for things like remote bombs, which can give far too much of an advantage. I just like a clean fight, and without any scenery obstructing the view of the stage or annoying stage gimmicks.

I love remote bombs.

Razon wrote:
Multiplayer
The multiplayer has always interested me the most in the series, specifically the online play against other people. Since you don't have to gather everyone in a single room to play, which wouldn't work if everyone lived far away from each other. If any possible lag is handled well, then it's a great way to be able to play with people across the world. The CPU players have never interested me too much like a human opponent does, they go best in single player modes. Since besides any feeling of accomplishment from winning against someone else, human players can adapt to your fighting style, strategize and improve while battling against you, and this often provides a fresh and interesting experience, especially when you fight against another player around your skill level.

I think one of the reasons why I'm such a single player gamer is because throughout most of my life, I had barely anyone to play games with so a lot of multiplayer and co-op modes didn't interest me very much. I still find the Bomberman multiplayer modes pretty fun with CPU characters though. As for online play, I have a hard time wanting to play an online game without voice chat and I hate that press to talk bullshit I see in games like Team Fortress 2.

Razon wrote:
Games
It's been a very long time since I played Bomberman Tournament and Bomberman 64, but they were pretty good games. Bomberman Jetters on the Gamecube was alright, instead of relying on reviews it's best to just try the game yourself sometimes to see whether you like it or not.

I learned long ago that Bomberman is one of those franchises where I tend to strongly disagree with reviewers.

Razon wrote:
Also be careful when visiting some emulation related download sites, I'd recommend having advertisements blocked since sometimes advertisements can have malicious content, though it's probably not that much different than other such common sites in regards to that.

I use Adblock Plus, so I probably won't have any issues then.

Razon wrote:
I've always preferred emulation compared to playing games on their actual console or handheld device despite owning the games, since you get far more features on your PC than on the actual systems. Pause at anytime, save states, online play, cheats, play with the keyboard or any controller, fullscreen or in a window at any size, record and take screenshots easily, and etc. It's far more convenient for a variety of reasons, and even games up to the DS and Wii can be emulated at the moment. I prefer using my keyboard for a lot of games, especially Bomberman ones, so emulation is the ideal choice for me.

Emulation is awesome. I love playing games on emulators (as long as the emulators work). My favorite emulator for SNES games is BSNES because it's so accurate compared to many of the other Super Nintendo emulators out there. Not to mention you'll never be able to a first party Nintendo game from the 16bit era that looks this clean and sharp on any of Nintendo's systems. What emulators do you use for online play?

Razon wrote:
There actually was a half decent single player Bomberman game for this generation of consoles, it's just that it never made it outside of Japan, it was the full version of Bomberman Blast for the Wii. I was looking forward to Bomberman 3DS too, and it's a shame that it got cancelled. Bomberman Wii wasn't wasn't a full fledged 3D adventure like Bomberman 3DS looked like it was going to be, but it was a great entry in the grid based single player Bomberman games.

I was looking forward to Bomberman Blast. :/ Though from what I've seen, it looks like a decent game but nothing all that special.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2009s
Index - Back to Top