Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Hello everyone.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#23  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice little assortment of bomberman games.

Here's the ones I own....

Bomberman (NES)
Super Bomberman 2
Saturn Bomberman
Bomberman Fantasy Race
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64: The 2nd Attack
Bomberman Hero
Bomberman Jetters
Pocket Bomberman

~~~~~My Bomberman in general rant~~~~~~~~~~~

My favorites were definitely the 2 64s. Great story, characters, worlds, and fantastic music (especially on the 2nd attack).

I also loved the multiplayer on both. Making your own bomberman with the custom parts you earn in story was pretty cool. I also liked combat itself.

In the first 64 a lot of people didn't like it for the circular explosions and lack of hard blocks. However, I thought the matches could still get very fun and intense. Since its become very hard to corner people with bomb explosions, why not try knocking them out with bombs and throwing them off the course? lol! And then the stages will flood or start raining fireballs as the time runs out too. There's plenty to keep it interesting without the standard elements everyone's familiar with. I think it's part of what made Bomberman 64 great. Good times.

The 2nd Attack added a lot of neat multiplayer modes which were nice. There was one where everyone would hunt for 3 keys, another where you just killed enemies/each other for points and won by score. Battle Royal where everyone starts with 100 points and you'd keep regenerating when you're killed but lose points to the guy that killed you. King and Knights where 2 pairs of players try to kill the other team's stagnant king. You could pick him up and try to throw him somewhere safe and whatnot.

They did also brought back the + explosions and kinda brought back the hard blocks for people in some of the stages. You'd also unlock more difficult computer opponents in each mode by playing challenges against them on your own. Lot's to do.

64 is my personal favorite but the 2nd attack is probably the one most would prefer so i'd highly recommend them to anyone even the least bit interested..

Saturn Bomberman is my favorite of the 2D offerings. It's hard to beat a 8 or 10 player bomberman with a ton of stages and pretty much all the 2D elements of the series that existed at the time. The dinos to ride on, items, etc. Nice assortment of stages for 8 players or less. For 9-10 you have to use the normal stage and you'll want a good size TV as well.

Story is also pretty good. funky soundtrack, humorous enemies and animated intro movie. A 2-player co-op mode and fairly long.

There's also a fun 1 player mode called master where you start off with a certain amount of health and try to progress as far up a tower's stages as you can, finding items/health to keep you going along the way. you'll also fight an assortment of bosses every 5-10 stages to keep it interesting.

TL:DR - Saturn Bomberman, Bomberman 64, and the 2nd attack are IMO the best games in the series.

~~~~~~~~~Rant Completed~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lol, I hear you on handheld games dood. They are usually low priority for me as well. Most of my DS games are collecting dust.

However in recent years I've been taking more interest in GBA and PSP since I can play them on a Television. I have the Gameboy player for the Gamecube and Component cables for my PSP so I've finally started beating some of those games since I can actually enjoy playing them long periods of time without getting cramped hands and sore eyes/headaches.

Oh! Another thing I wanted to mention.

If you're interested in Jetters for it's story but not too interested in its gameplay I'd highly recommend hunting down the anime online somewhere.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=824

It's very good for a series based on a videogame. Characters all cool and it actually has a dark atmosphere at times. It's about 52 episodes long but it flies by. Kind of episodic but there's an ongoing plot in the background.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1370s
Index - Back to Top