Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Jetters for GBA
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here are some screens demonstrating some of the progress.

[Collapse Text]

There are some problems, though. Firstly, in the first set of screenshots, look at the one in the bottom left corner, displaying the Karabon menu with Pommy selected. His name is still in Japanese, so it doesn't display correctly. I cannot seem to find the names of the Karabons anywhere within the text files that have been provided.

On top of that, there is a great deal of text that is leftover from Bomberman Story/Tournament (since this game was built directly on top of Bomberman Story). For example, bomberman_script_001.txt includes nothing but the names and attack names of Karabons from Bomberman Story, for Karabon battling purposes. Needless to say, none of that appears in this game. Just glancing through bomberman_script_007.txt, it seems to be entirely comprised of dialogue from Bomberman Story, with boss speeches and text mentioning Fairy Palace, Epsilon, Pommy Beast, etc. With that being said, I don't recall seeing much or any unused text in the other 8 files. However, I am a little concerned that we are missing some text, such as the Karabon names.

Also, there is a strange text glitch in the menus. You can see it in the last two screenshots. Basically, the names of items appear glitched. They only become unglitched if you move the cursor onto a blank space, and then move it onto an item (or, from the items menu, keep the cursor on a blank space and then switch to the bombs menu). However, as soon as the cursor is moved directly to another item/bomb, the names will be glitched again.

The Karabon ability descriptions in the Karabon menu are preceded by some glitched text, but I believe that may simply be because the Karabon names are messed up and that text comes before the description. I have no way of verifying this, though.

Lastly, I'm not sure as to how editing the sprite-based text of menus and such should be approached.

I believe that the majority of the text from the first world is now translated, as well as most item names and descriptions. Karabon descriptions are also translated.

Anyway, if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Translating this alone takes enough of my time as is.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1432s
Index - Back to Top