Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#412  Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for sharing, Zaphe! Man, I can't get enough of that comic artwork - I'd love to know who the artist is. Seeing Kuro with those pile of lumps on his head just makes me laugh.

No downloads at the moment, just thought I'd share a bit of info. Got my hands on the Japanese Pocket Bomberman and Bomber Boy manuals recently - hope to upload them soon if I can.
The Bomber Boy one is really disappointing - there's no story, no artwork, nothing! It's an actual honest-to-god instruction manual! I've learnt there's a guidebook for the game (ボンバーボーイ 完全攻略ブック), though, and that's where all the enemy names are sourced from. Haven't learnt much about it, and it doesn't seem to be as common as the other guidebooks. If it had stacks of unique artwork I'd be willing to pick it up, but for now, I'm in no rush. (not that I've seen it for sale anywhere)

The Pocket Bomberman one is better, though I'm doubtful if its text will offer anything we haven't seen in the English one. All the enemy names are exactly the same; Springchicken is still Springchicken, Babylon is still Babylon, but now we'll learn the Katakana for them. Hope to scan it soon and dig into the text a little. Wouldn't count on anything, though.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1332s
Index - Back to Top