Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Unused Super Bomberman 3 Sprites
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
So hey, this is really weird and unexpected, a little creepy, and also awesome.

You know those Mr. Moai enemies in the first stage of Super Bomberman 2? The Easter Island heads? Well, if you ever wondered what was inside of their big stone mouths (if this is the case then please seek help), it turns out that they have disturbingly long tongues.

Here are a bunch of unused Mr. Moai sprites, ripped from the tiles.

It appears that in early versions of the game, Mr. Moai was able to stick out its long tongue and eat bombs that were right next to it. I say this because in the side views, the tongue slants downward, so it looks as if it would go under the bomb and pull it in. How weird is that? I presume that they removed this feature in an attempt to balance out the general difficulty of the first stage's enemies.

I just so happened to come across these as I was ripping sprites from the game this morning. I don't know if there are any other little treasures to be found yet.

Now, here's my question: Is there anybody out there who can hack the game or figure out a PAR code that will re-enable this ability? It is very possible that the code is still there, and has just been disabled. It would be really cool to see it in action.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1365s
Index - Back to Top