Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#384  Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes, I do know you, my friend. :P

I mentioned in the old Bomberman discussion thread that in Japan people tend to draw Miss Honey and Pretty Bomber very much alike. You see, the reason Pretty Bomber has a human head at all is because, at the time of Super Bomberman 2, she appeared prominently in many commercials, played by actress Haruka Sawaguchi; she also had a single as Pretty Bomber, Mr. B Bee, as well as several promotional videos. Miss Honey was created from this persona, and in the Japanese fandom, they say Pretty Bomber is a brainwashed and remodeled Miss Honey.

As I could not find the commercials pointing to this (though I did find many others), I will not call it a fact.

In any case, by the time of Super Bomberman 3, Miss Honey and Kotetsu (both now recurring characters in the Tengai Makyou and Momotaro Densetsu series) had become popular enough that they were used in the marketing for Bomberman. Haruka Sawaguchi played Miss Honey at first, but the role later switched to Takahashi Chiyomi, for unknown reasons.

So there you have it, the secret behind Miss Honey and Pretty Bomber: public relations! Miss Honey would later become a full-blown mascot, with a website and everything; the change is actresses is likely the reason she looks different in later incarnations, and why she was (probably) separated from Pretty Bomber as a character.

Do note the scarf, which was always worn by Haruka Sawaguchi (and therefore Miss Honey), even as Pretty Bomber.

Last edited by herrDoktorat on Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1541s
Index - Back to Top