BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman for Starcraft2 :D
Ducky
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks everyone :D
@fireball87
Yeah, that combination you described seems silly to me too. While I’m all for item diversity some powerups (like death bomb which explodes in square) seem to be just bad.

Speaking of powerups. So far I’ve got +Bomb, +Fire +Speed, Kick, Shields, Wall Pass and Pierce Bomb, Remote, Power Bomb and Tracer. Plus I’m going to add Line Bomb and something like bomb throw(Line bomb, Throw and Kick are all utility items which you can have only one at a time. So picking Line Bomb for example will overwrite Kick or Throw if you had them).

I agree that some items/combinations are borderline overpowered (yay for kicking remote bombs) but it’s the chaos and randomness that makes bomberman. It’s cool to see differently crafted bombers to try to win with what they’ve found. And if you were unlucky you can try to survive until sudden death when a whole new different game begins :D.
It’s true that for any sort of competitive purely skill based play you’d have to use PenguBomber setup but for me the more variety I get the more colorful and fun game is. Due to nature of game in some situations you just can’t win but at least you can get a laugh at how game gave you nothing while that other guy had remote + speed as his first drops (I guess it’s not really funny in 1v1.. but with 4+ players it doesn’t hurt that much(but I guess for 1v1 you can set up your own item scheme)).

As for skull, I like the idea but I’ll have to modify it since players don’t pass through each other thus infecting others will be much harder.
Do you guys know of any more interesting powerups that could be added (and do you have something against current ones(theoretically, since you can’t play)?

plasm wrote:
One more thing - about the Line Bomb item... I feel that it is more fair for the Line Bomb to stop at other players, rather than allowing the item's user to place a line of bombs underneath and past an opponent, trapping him or her. If that makes sense.

It does that? That’s just silly >.> Agree that line bomb should stop when it meets other bombers.

@DarkFire4114
To play bomberman with your starcraft friends of course :D. Some people buy Blizzard RTS (SC and WC) just for custom content(which is hundreds which turns into thousands of maps as years go by).
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1292s
Index - Back to Top