Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman for Starcraft2 :D
Ducky
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi everyone! I'm a guy who likes bomberman but who was unable to enjoy multiplayer aspect of it due to not having means to acquire console/money in early days of multiplayer bomberman games. I also like starcraft which is a multiplayer RTS with a pretty cool editor. Somehow these two things combined resulted in bomberman map for SC :D

Here is a gameplay video from some time ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhAo-2qu3Is

I understand that not everyone has SC2 (most probably don't), I post here in hopes that you guys might share your experience of multiplayer bomberman games. My experience is only limited to single player campaigns and versus AI matches in SEGA bomberman games. So I'm curious, what were/are the joys and frustrations of multiplayer bomberman. What do you love/hate about the game. Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of when creating bomberman game? I was reading other topics but still feel that it would be more efficient to simply ask.

And about map itself:
differences:
-Since it's an RTS engine you control your bombers movements by ordering it with mouse just like unit in any RTS;
-Bombers collide with each other.

What I got so far in a nutshell:
-up to 13 player FFA or Team Deathmatch.
-10 powerup types + customizable item scheme (can set amount of starting powerups + arena spawn amount)
-5 arena themes (just visuals yet, no gimmicks);
-AI to practice against (not a challenge for skilled players but still good training material for newcomers)

Hours spent playing awesome ~10 player FFAs (even though they only happen once a week) keep my motivation alive to not abandon this little project. But I feel that there might be more to bomberman than I know. So please, share your wisdom with me :D
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1313s
Index - Back to Top