Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Weird things you notice in Bomberman
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#94  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Holy. Shit.

So a while back, it was discussed that Bomberman Tournament was based off of one of Hudson Soft's earlier titles, Neutopia.

But what I didn't realize was just how much Neutopia stuff Hudson put into the Bomberman series. Almost every single freaking enemy in Super Bomberman 3, to be exact.

Here, I took the liberty of screenshotting the names and sprites of all of the enemies and bosses from Neutopia II (There's a password that allows you to view them all).

See any familiar faces/names? I'll list them all out to you; at least, the ones that appear in Super Bomberman 3:

Grein
Trent
Plant Man
Rockun
Lizard Man
Hawk Man
Gueru
Dragonfly
Stone Chameleon
Sea Balloon
Kuragedaru
Fish Man
Sea Anemone (The Bomberman enemy looks like its namesake, but behaves more like the Neutopia enemy Rope)
Snow Man
Pygmin
Korobokkuru
Ice Tower
Pharaoh
Spider
Sandi
Buster (Buster Slime in SB3; Buster in Bman Tournament)
Biron (Biiron in SB3)
Crawler
Matango
Roboido (Actually a boss in Neutopia II)

So the only enemies that were (apparently) original to the Bomberman series are Core Mecha Walker, Bobo, Gashin, Goga, Hurricane, Pengo, Todora, Gurun, Dash, Machinda, Bon, and Megadon.

That means that over 2/3 of the enemies in Super Bomberman 3 were from Neutopia. This includes enemies such as Trent, which went on to appear as an enemy and boss in numerous future Bomberman games, and other recurring enemies like Grein, Rockun, Crawler, and so on.

Wow.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:26 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1628s
Index - Back to Top